Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As far as the eye can see......

Nothing, that is. Nothing as far as the eye can see.


This is where I grew up:


and here:
and here:
and here:
and here:

As you can plainly see, there is not much in the area where I grew up that is remotely green. Sagebrush and mesquite don't count.

I moved to the East Coast for a few reasons:

1. I had a job here. (Really, the most important reason)
2. It is GREEN here. I like green way better than brown.
3. There is more to do here. Where I grew up in Texas, everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING is at least 12 hours away.
4. Did I mention that I like GREEN?


The down-side to living here is that I miss my family. I am missing watching two adorable children grow up and I hate not being a part of their lives. My brother and sister-in-law do an awesome job of making sure the kids know who I am, but it isn't the same as me being there.


Also, I miss the warm weather. I DESPISE winter. I HATE being cold. It is getting to be summer now and I L-O-V-E it!!!! The warmer the better! :) Snow is bad, warm is good. That's my mantra and I'm
sticking to it.

Here's my girl!! :)

Honestly, I should get free satellite with those big ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment