Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The "o's" have it!

My BFF eats oatmeal just about every morning for breakfast. I loathe oatmeal. Actually, I pretty much loathe all hot cereal. Cereal shouldn't be hot. Coffee is hot, tea is hot, soup is hot. Cereal should be cold.

In my humble (and correct) opinion, the most perfect cereal in the WHOLE world is the humble, lowly Cheerio. I have tried and can find nothing wrong with that little toasted "o" of goodness. They are tasty, they are portable, they are quick, AND they are healthy. Oh, how I love my "o's" in the morning. raven loves o's, too. They are a yummy, healthy treat for my little one. raven pretty much loves anything I am eating, but she only gets things that are good for her.

Lest you think I am a picky eater--I LOVE most every vegetable. There are some that are not worth eating such as brussel sprouts (blech!), red beets, okra, and lima beans. Gimme a big bowl of broccoli, or spinach, or cabbage, or green beans, or corn, though, and I am one happy girl!

I am NOT a vegetarian. Nothing against those that are, but you can't really grow up in Texas and not eat meat. There are times when nothing tastes better than a perfectly grilled steak or, better yet, my dad's AWESOME BBQ ribs!

On a completed unrelated note--don't you hate when you have something that you want to share with someone and you can't. You must keep it a secret--at all costs. That has happened to me several times this year. I can usually keep a secret, but it kills me when I can't tell SOMEONE what I know. Like right now. I have a secret, but I can't tell. Nope, not even if you beg. You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out. ;~)

And because I know you have been waiting patiently for this the ENTIRE post....here she is! :)

no matter what they say, i didn't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment