Friday, February 12, 2010

My day (what a boring title!)

So.....what did I do today?

Well, I did not stay home today! Whoo-hoo! My roommate and I went out today. Yes, melicity, there is an outside world!! :) We went to go see the new movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightning Thief. It was a pretty good movie. I've never read the book and I'm kind of glad. You know how it goes....the book is usually way better than the movie. I didn't have anything to judge the movie against, so no reason to be disappointed. The effects were pretty good. Not Avatar worthy, but still not bad.

After the movie we went to Panera to eat. I love me some Panera! I had the new veggie soup w/pesto and a turkey sammie. Very yummy indeed and good company. :)

After we got home and I took miss raven out I set to baking. I made sugar-free chocolate chip cookies and sugar-free banana bread. (Note to BFF: If you want some, you must come get it for yourself. The delivery truck can't make it that far right now!) The house smelled SO GOOD!!!! After dinner I had a piece of the banana bread (the bread butt--hehehehe). I cut it in half and put peanut butter on one half and chocolate/caramel spread on the other half. pure bliss. Excuse me while I clean the drool off the keyboard. I'm sorry you can't smell these through the computer. I'll wait while you clean the drool off of your own keyboard........
Back now? ;)

I am getting ready to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the winter Olympics. I {heart} the Olympics. I can't even choose between the summer and the winter because they both have their great events. Watching Michael Phelps in the last summer Olympics was incredible. I also love watching the diving and gymnastics. In the winter there is the luge (sad, sad, sad about the olympian from Georgia that died today! :( ), the bobsled, ice skating, speed skating, snowboarding, skiiing, skeleton, and many others. I am SO excited about the Olympics. And, I'm not the only one, am I, BFF?!?!? :)

miss raven doesn't care about the Olympics. As I type she is sleeping (imagine that!) under the blankets (NO, I didn't make my bed...again!), at my feet. She was sweet enough to pose for some pictures today, though. Here is my favorite:
I love her SO much!

The games have started! GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. From one Olympic L-O-V-E-R to another WHOOOO HHOOOOO the games have started!!!! And on the baked goods...we are having a little problem with the white stuff too... ;)

    ReplyDelete