Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(part one)

I'm hokey, like that.  I absolutely love the 4th of July.  It ranks right up there with Christmas for me and I love me some Christmas.

I am a very, very patriotic citizen.  I love my country.  It is not a perfect country and I don't always agree with everything we do but dang it, there is no where else I would rather live.  No offense to my new Canadian reader--my blog is international like that.  Please don't go away.  (note to little brother:  no comments.  I mean it.  :) )

I had the most awesome day I have had in a while.  I met my aunt and cousin in DC for the 4th of July parade.  All three of us realized, while sitting in the scorching heat (of which I am NOT complaining!!), that NONE of us had ever really been to a parade.  It was super cool.  Long as heck and, frankly, as hot as heck may be, but super cool.  No, I didn't see the president and no I didn't see any of the redskins (blech).  I have about have a bazillion pictures but don't want to bore you with all of them (today) so I will just grace you with a few:
This next picture is just especially for my BFF.  There are a few more taken exclusively with her in mind, but those will be in tomorrow's post. :)
I wanted everyone to see that miss raven is also a very patriotic citizen. :)

When I tell you that I had an awesome day, I am so not lying.  As I was riding the metro (and trying not to be sick) on the way home, I formulated this whole long, lovely post in my mind but then decided "Hey!  If I tell them everything tonight one (or all) of three things may happen:"

1.  I will make their eyeballs bleed with such a long post.
2.  No one will be able to (or want to) read my blog with no eyeballs.
3.  I won't be able to think of anything to write tomorrow.

So, because I love you all so very much.....really....I do, I am going to say goodnight for now and tell you that I will continue this post on the morrow.  heheheh.  I laughed out loud when I typed that....on the morrow.  heheheeeeeeeee.

:)

Happy Birthday America and a HUGE shoutout to all the men and women who are serving (or have served) our country!  YOU are our TRUE heroes and I thank you!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment