Sunday, August 1, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame....

I try to keep you in mind, my wonderful readers, when trying to decide what to blog about.  Today I am taking a vacation from the vacation stories in order to keep this post from making your retinas fall off your eyeballs.  Besides, I have two other things to tell you about. ;)

(Side note.  I am SO tired of hearing about Chelsea Clinton's wedding.  SO TIRED.)

Anywho.

My dad is here visiting me.  Yea!!!!  Yesterday we went to Annapolis so that he could visit the "Amish" market there.  We get there, get a primo parking space (A pull-thru, gotta love that!), and headed inside.  The, what to my wondering eyes did appear, but my former landlord and former "friend."  (Insert shocking music here).  They both looked right at me and then completely ignored me.  Now, to be honest, I wouldn't have expected anything less from the former landlord.  After everything I have gone through with her, I never expect to speak with her again.  My former "friend" though, kind of surprised me.  Not even a hello.  Nothing.  Makes me wonder what kind of friendship we had to begin with. 

The funniest thing was, though, it was like they were intentionally trying to avoid me inside the market.  Like I was going to go out of my way to go up and talk to them.  I had to laugh.  And laugh.  And laugh.  It is amazing how immature some "adults" can be.  I told me dad that, here I had thought that I had gained weight over the summer, but apparently, I lost so much I became invisible.  LOL!  If only.  I see a serious diet coming to my home shortly.  But not until after dad has left.  I have a few more days to enjoy myself.  ;)

Last night we went to a Nationals game.  For those of you that don't know, the Nationals are the major league baseball team in Washington, DC.  My dad likes baseball.  Alot.  Me, not so much.  I don't mind going though, because my dad likes it and because I can people watch.  It was a sell-out crowd last night and the Nats were playing the Phillies (from Philadelphia, PA).  The game was really good, actually.  It was a close game and it came down to the bottom of the 9th inning.  The Nats had two guys on base and one out.  The third baseman, Ryan Zimmerman, came to the plate and ended up crushing a ball into center field giving the Nats a 7-5 victory.  The best part was that there were a billion Phillies fans in the park and they were POSITIVE that their team was going to win (since they had lost the night before).  It was sweet to have the home team win in that kind of environment.

People with personal space issues (like me) do not enjoy some of what happens at a ballgame.  The seating can be a little tight, the lines for food are long (don't ever expect to get ice cream AND see the game.  It WON'T happen, I promise), and OMG!, getting to the Metro after the game.......I was starting to freak out a little with all the people closing in on me.  We got to the train just in time because if I had to smell one more drunk I think I would have puked all over him/her.

No pictures for this post.  I am SO sorry, BFF.  I totally forgot my camera and didn't realize it until we were halfway to the Metro.  I would have gone back but we were running late and I didn't have time.  You'll just have to pretend and use your imagination. :)

Back to the vacation tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that you had a nice time at the game! Sounded like it was a good one. :) I can only imagine the meto, I remember very well getting litterly stuck in the middle of all the ballgame people in the metro...eeewwww!!! Bummer on the pics, but I do have a GREAT imagination!!! :)

    ReplyDelete