Monday, November 29, 2010

Do you think...

that my life is nothing but a bit of randomness?

Hmmm.  Yeah, I can see why you would.

:)

My posts have been nothing if not random, lately.  You would have thought that I would have blogged more on my recent week off of school, but alas, I did not.  In my defense I was sick for all of my vacation.  I still am sick but not as bad as this time last week.  I have the annoying part of the cold now.  You know, the snotty, runny nose.  I have gone through almost three full boxes of Kleenex and let me tell you something...tissues with lotion are ALWAYS the way to go in cases like these.  Don't let those other tissues fool you.  They are like sandpaper.

Anywho.

How was your Thanksgiving?  Despite my original thoughts way back in August, my Thanksgiving turned out to be very nice.  For the last several many years I have spent Thanksgiving with my "other" family...my BFF's family in Ohio.  Well, as we ALL know, she had to go and move.  I know, rude, right?  Well, that meant that I couldn't spend the holiday with them.  I thought I was going to have to spend the holiday by myself but to my surprise, my aunt from up north invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her, her daughter, and her BFF.  Of course I agreed.

miss raven and I made the drive up on Thanksgiving morning.  The traffic was nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be and we made pretty good time.  My aunt has four cats.  miss raven is not a fan of cats.  I was a little worried.  Not to fear.  miss raven occupied the spare room and the cats went about their normal business.  We had the whole shebang for dinner:  turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, rolls, and sweet potato pie.  Mmmmmmm!  I proud to say that, although I did eat two rolls and two helpings of stuffing, I didn't stuff myself to sickness.  Yea me!

We watched much football and NO I don't want to talk about it.  At all.  Period.

We came home on Friday.  I did not go Black Friday shopping this year.  At first I was a little disappointed about that but now, not so much.  The deals that I normally got weren't the same this year so I don't feel like I missed out on anything.  On Saturday we put up the Christmas tree.  It looks SO good.  You know, in MY house.  I love it!  I am slowly replacing the old lights with the new LED lights and boy, does it make a difference.  The lights at the top of my tree are the LED ones and they are SO much brighter.  I really like them.  I am hoping that, after the holiday, I will be able to find some on clearance so I can get enough for next year that I don't have to use the other ones at all.  Currently I have six strands of lights on the tree.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Six.  What can I say?  I love lights.

Speaking of Christmas, and, weren't we?  I only have 13 more days until break!  I am taking next Friday off so that I can bake.  Remember my cookie list?  It will take me the WHOLE weekend to get that done.  I am thinking that I am going to have drop something off of there, though.  I am thinking about picking up pretzel bark to compensate for any cookie that I may have to drop off.  It is easy to make and doesn't take much time.  We'll see.

I hope that your Monday was fantastic and that your Tuesday is even better!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know that you had a nice Thanksgiving. Sorry that I messed up the norm. :o(
    I say bake away! :o)

    ReplyDelete