Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm baaacckkkkk...

Wow.  Two days in a row.  This could become a habit.  ;)

Back to my Christmas vacation.  Without further ado.

I went home to visit the family for part of the break.  I had a great time with all of them.  I got to play alot with my niece and nephew and one of the best moments of my vacation came on Christmas Day.  I am that relative.  You know...the one who gives clothes at Christmas.  Nobody likes that relative when they are little.  When you are little you want T.O.Y.S. and lots of them.  However, I am that relative.  (Mostly because I have impeccable fashion sense.  LOL!)  Anyway.  I got them both two outfits, a stuffed animal, a toy, and I made them a hat and scarf.  (Stick with me...I'm getting to the heartwarming moment.)  Nikolas is almost six.  In fact, in seven short days, he will be six.  I don't know of any six year old who is interested in clothes, really.  He is no exception.  However, when he opened the hat and scarf that I made, he exclaimed with great (and sincere) joy, "These will keep me warm when we go to Ruidoso!"  and then immediately put them on.  And didn't take them off until he had to get dressed to go out.  At one point he came into the kitchen where we were eating (HA!  Were weren't we eating during the last two weeks?!?) and complained that he was hot.  His mother suggested he take off the hat and scarf and he looked appalled.  He told her no and went on his six-year-old way.  Meanwhile, my heart was bursting with happiness.  It doesn't take much, really.

What follows are pictures of the two most adorable children on the planet.  Don't say I didn't warn you.







I know you must be concerned because you haven't seen a picture of miss raven in a while.  Please allow me to remedy that:
Yes.  That is her Christmas present.  Do not judge me. This year Santa Paws brought her a Cowboys jersey of her very own, a reindeer squeaky toy, and a new package of boneys.  She shared the boneys with her cousin Gracie.  She's sweet like that and all. :)

I went to the gym today.  I am hoping it will become a habit.  Oh?  I didn't tell you about the whole joining-a-gym thing?  Sorry.  That will have to wait until tomorrow.  Someone needs my attention and my coffee is getting cold.

:)

1 comment:

  1. OMG~they are SOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! And Miss Raven too of course!

    ReplyDelete