Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Well, hello...

May.
How in the heck did you sneak up on me so quickly??  Not that I am complaining that you are here, mind you.  Your weather has been wonderful and your weekends have been amazing...so far.  Please, feel free to keep it up!

Here is some of what I have done this (end of April) beginning of May:

Last weekend in April:

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!  I went to another NASCAR race.  It was a night race and was incredible!  I had so much fun!  I was completely surrounded by some very, very drunk rednecks, who had some definite opinions on who was the best driver.  Sorry, Juan Pablo, you and Kyle Busch were not among the favorites.  Here are some pictures of my amazing time:





The only downside was that I kind of lost the truck after the race.  I totally got turned around and, although I was in the right lot, I didn't know it.  It was dark and I was kind of starting to freak out.  I finally found it, though, and was very relieved.

This past weekend I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  Yes, Freddie, the Yarn Ho bought more yarn.  And is proud of it.  So there.  :)

It was a beautiful, gorgeous, stupendous day!  Seriously, I couldn't have asked for more amazing weather.  It was neither too hot nor too cold.  It was juuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssttttttttttttt right.  The sheep. The yarn.  The wool.  The yarn.  The lamb.  The yarn.  Oh!  The yarn, yarn, yarn.  I have no perfect adjectives to describe the amount of sheer yarn yumminess that I saw.  And coveted.  And drooled over.  And bought.  Well...I really didn't buy much.  I do have bills to pay and all.  Here are some pictures:







Sunday was Mother's Day.  Honestly, it was not a good day for me.  I tried my best to keep myself busy.  I planted a garden.  Two red pepper plants, one yellow pepper plant, two cucumber plants, one butternut squash plant, four green bean plants, one cilantro plant, five lettuce plants, one cherry tomato plant, one purple tomato plant, and four Better Boy tomato plants.  I decided on container gardening this year instead of raised beds.  I am excited about it but scared that I am going to kill them.  I'm not the best gardener.  I don't know how much and when to water and I am hoping that they are getting enough sunlight.  More pictures:


I can't promise that I will be back tomorrow or the next day or the next day.  This is one of the busiest times at work.  Once I get through next Friday, though, things should calm down and I should be a more regular blogger again.

One final note:  this time last year I was moving into my new place!  Can you believe it has been a whole year, already?!?  I am still loving it and so is she:
:)

2 comments:

  1. Nice Pics! Imagine you buying more yarn?! Silly girl! But that's ok, Diamond could use a new shrug ;o) What do you have planned for this coming weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! Aaannnnnnddddd I MIIISSSSSSSS YOU SOOOO MUCH BFF!!!!! I hope that you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete