Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ding Dong the...

BEASTIE IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, normally I would not be this excited about the demise of another living creature.  I am happy to make an exception in this case, though.

When I got up this morning I made my way to the bedroom.  You know, because I have been sleeping in the living room for the last few nights.  (How sad is it that a MOUSE chased me out of my own bedroom?!?)  Anyway, I wasn't expecting much because I was discouraged and sure that I was never going to get rid of the creature.

Much to my delight and happiness, one of the traps worked!  When I looked behind my dresser I saw little legs and a tail sticking out of a trap!  I am not lying when I tell you that I did a happy dance right there in my bedroom!!  I was so, so happy!  I was going to post a picture of a dead mouse but all the ones that I found online were actually kind of gross so I spared you.

Once the high of th dead mouse wore off I realized that I was going to have to dispose of the corpse.  Hmmmm.  I had to talk to myself for about ten minutes before I got up the courage to pick up the trap.  (In the interest of full disclosure I feel I must tell you that I also had to dig something out of the trash can to poke at the thing to make sure it was really dead.  All I needed was to pick up the trap and have the thing move.  That would have been the end of me.)  I quickly squeezed the opposite end of the trap and let the carcass drop into the trash can.  I tied the top closed and took the trash out.

Melicity 1
Beastie 0

I am still going to sleep on the couch for a few more nights, just to make sure that none of its "friends" were invited to the house.  If I don't seen anymore "evidence" by Friday night I will feel safe enough to go back to my room.  I will be so glad because I miss my bed!

It is HOT here today.  We are talking 103 degrees outside right now!  I LOVE IT!!!!  Everybody is whining about how hot it is.  Not me!  I am THRILLED!!!!  My plants, especially the tomatoes were SO thirsty when I got home today.  Once I watered them, though, they were much, much happier.  I am also thrilled that the air conditioner is still working.  I am still praying that it lasts for several more years.

miss raven got a letter from her doctor yesterday.  Seems like it is time for her to get her annual exam.  I have been kind of dreading this because it means that I am going to have to lay out some serious cash.  Between the exam, her shots, bloodwork, and teeth cleaning, she is going to cost me an arm, a leg, and possibly my left kidney.  She is worth it though.  :)

Time to get something cold to drink!

3 comments:

  1. Yipee! Congratulations on the mouse kill! I used to have to clean the traps at my Moms until we got the cat. But after working in a lab for 8 years, I can honestly say, a dead mouse would not faze me at all! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave to dispose of the mouse all by yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, alas, I am Lumberjack-less, so I must do all thee gross things by my ownself. on the bright side, I also get to go to the bathroom by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete