Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm just...

Yarnin' Along!

Phew!  I wasn't sure I was going to make Ginny's Yarn Along this week but I did! :)

I grew a wee bit tired of making washcloths/dishcloths/dish towels so I was looking for something new to make.  I have some stunningly gorgeous yarn...ok...I have alot of stunningly gorgeous yarn and I have some ideas bouncing around in my head but, truth be told, I am kind of scared to use the yarn on an idea.  What if I mess it up?

Anyway, that is neither here nor there at the moment.

I have seen much of the mitered squares blanket on the internets.  Sadly, it is all knitting.  (No offense to knitters.  I am actually quite (quietly) jealous of you all. Read:  socks, socks, and MORE freaking gorgeous socks.)  I got to wondering, though, if I could make it work for me.  So today, I found some yarn in my stash (and the good Lord above knows that I have enough stash to create my own yarn store.  For real.) that I could play with and decided to give it a go.

Here are the results along with what I am currently reading:

Yes, that is a crochet mystery book.

Obsessed much?

I found them online and downloaded the first one to my Kindle last week.  I'm now on the third one.  They are kind of cheesy and very, very easy reads.  Annnndddd....I love them.  There is only one more after this one and I am kind of worried there won't be anymore.  Oh--they include at least one crochet pattern and at least one recipe.  Love!

Swap update:  remember how it felt to be... the last one picked in gym...standing against the wall at the dance...always the bridesmaid, never the bride?  Yeah.  That's me.  Everyone seems to be interested in the other swap.  The more expensive one.  I thought we were in a recession, people?!?  NO ONE has joined the swap I am in.  Sigh.  I can't swap with myself and I am not sure what happens if no one else joins in.

I leave you with a picture of my girlie:

as drawn by my nephew.  ;)
Only one more day of work until my THREE WEEK LONG VACATION!  Who's excited?  Not me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged, Melissa. I thought for sure that I would be swapping with myself in July. Then someone came in at the last minute and, so far, my swap is going well. I may sign up for another one very soon.

    That group just started up and I think it's going to take some time for others to feel comfortable swapping.

    I like the mitered squares you crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok BFF it's about darn time you blogged! ;oP
    Now that I have that off of my chest...CANNOT wait to see what you do with all of the squares! And only you could find a crochet/mystery book! I'll have to check them out!
    And one more thing...

    IMISSSSSYOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete