Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let's start off...

by saying that God was wise when deciding when I should be born.  I am not, nor will I ever be, Laura Ingalls.  I am happy and content with that.

Good night's sleep in a cool house...check

Hot coffee this morning...check

Hot shower this morning...check

Still freaked out, overly clingy Chihuahua...check

sigh.  Some things never change.

Anyway.

I am home again today.  There is still no power at the school, although we have been told that we are moved up to the top of the priority list for the power company.  I had to laugh at some of the Seniors on Facebook last night.  They were all hoping to have no school today and reminded them that, in order to graduate, they actually had to go to school at some point during their senior year.  I am sure that we will be back tomorrow.  At least, I hope so.  It is so nice to want to go to work again...

Because of the extra free time I was able to run some errands this morning.  I hadn't gone to the grocery store before the storm because I didn't want to run the risk of losing every thing I bought because the power went out.  I also (against my better judgement) went to Wal-Mart.  Without getting too much in to it, I will say that my experience wasn't pleasant.  On the way out I told the receipt checking person that the cashier needed to learn some manners.  She seemed pretty upset and asked me which line I had gone through.  After I told her and started to walk out, I could see her talking to the manager.  I'm not sure it will make any difference, but I can't stand it when people who are in the customer service business are rude to the customers.

I discovered last night that I had a problem with water getting in during the storm.  There is a wet spot on the ceiling in my bedroom.  I checked my insurance policy only to discover that my $500 deductible jumps to $1,000 if the damage is caused by a hurricane or windstorm.  sigh.  Since this is apparently going to be an out-of-pocket expense, I am hoping that it isn't too costly.  And, it could be worse.  Besides, this still beats renting.

:)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I am VERY happy that God decided that you were born 5 days before me, that way I could have the best friend EVER!!!! :o)
    Sleeping in a cool house, hot coffee and hot showers are wonderful!!! Not to mention INDOOR plumbing!!!!
    Sorry about WalMart, but doesn't surprise me. grrr!!!
    B-U-M-M-E-R with your roof! :o( HOPEFULLY it will not be that bad. We had that issue and just needed to replace shingles and repaint. Hopefully it will be that simple for you too!

    ReplyDelete