Sunday, March 11, 2012

It came and it kicked my tookis...

Well.

The sky didn't fall.

The planets didn't stop rotating.

The sun shone.

And I turned forty.

I'm not happy and, truth be told, this will go down as the worst birthday I have ever had.  It came and it kicked my tookis.

Don't get me wrong.  I received many birthday wishes, very nice presents, had a wonderful day off of work, and talked to everyone who is important to me.

But, at the end of the day, I was alone.

I spent a large portion of the day crying like a big baby, not only wishing that this day had never come, but also wishing that I had my mom to comfort me.  Crying all day is not a good thing and I had the headache all day today to prove it.

Please resist the urge to speak words of wisdom to me because, frankly, I am quite content to wallow in my self-pity and self-loathing for one more day.

Tomorrow I will endeavor to put on a happy face and lie through my teeth to everyone at work by telling them that I had a wonderful day.

I did do a little retail therapy yesterday, stopping at Old Navy to purchase a few things, as well as FYE to pick up a couple of new CDs.  Today I decided, "What the heck!" and put in a order at WEBS (online yarn) so that I could get busy on Babette.  Once that order arrives I will be sure to snap a few pictures to show you.

I felt that I did rather well on the eating front.  I did eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia Frozen yogurt and a small package of peanut m&ms.  All in all, not too bad considering that, in the mood I was in, I could have eaten the house.

:o/

Tomorrow is another day, right?

1 comment:

  1. BFF...now that it kicked your butt...KICK IT BACK!!!!! :o)
    Start/do something new OUTSIDE of your box! Today I made the commitment to sign up for taekwondo! This is W-A-Y outside of my box!!!!! New book remember new book! (since I turn the big 40 Thursday) I am excited but VERY 'AHHHHH' about it!!! :-O That is my 'AHHHHH' face!
    So get out there and do something crazy new...you are 40!
    It's the beginning of that N-E-W adventure not the END of it!!!
    Love ya BFF!!!!! Can't wait to see what you decide to do!!!

    ReplyDelete