Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome back, me!

I've been away for a bit but I promise, it was for a good reason.

I was visiting her

and her

Yea for a visit with my BFF!!!!

We did a whole bunch of stuff including visiting the Memphis Zoo, walking on Beale Street (which, I am sad to say, was rather a disappointment), trolley riding through downtown Memphis, and watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  I am happy to report that a wonderful time was had by all.

Well...not by her

My girl is such a homebody.  I can't say that I blame her.

Anywho.

We've been home for a few days and I thought I should probably let you all know I am still alive.  Even better, today, for the first time in probably a year, I can contribute to Ginny's Yarn Along!



Look, look, look at what I have done!

My first knitted scarf:

My first knitted lace scarf:

A scarf version of The Camping Shawl (on Ravelry)

and, on the needles, the Helix Scarf:

I did read two books while I was gone.  Sadly, I am too lazy to get up from the couch, get my Kindle, and take a picture of them.  One was a knitting mystery (along the same line as the crochet mysteries I read last summer) and the other was the same type only it was set in a cupcake shop.  They were cheesy, but they were good.

I will do my best to be back tomorrow.  I only have a few short weeks of vacation left and I want to enjoy every second of them!


3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you've been! Find me on FB, ok? Profile picture is of me and a dog wearing a birthday hat (seriously). Carmen Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea we had a blast!!!! :o) SOOO happy that you guys came!!! :o)
    VERY impressed with the knitting!!!!! :o)
    Can't wait for my socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the knitting, the scarves are lovely ;) Glad you had a nice time in Memphis. Hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete