Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to life, back to reality...

I went back to work today.

It was good; pretty much what I expected.  I was glad to see the kiddos and they were eager to share with me what they got for Christmas.  I was pleasantly surprised when they sat quietly and listened to my vacation story before they got to tell their own.  There's hope for them yet.  ;)

I have been sick for quite a while now.  This cold doesn't seem to want to leave.  I'm still slightly congested and I can't seem to get rid of this infernal cough.  It's both frustrating and very tiring.

It seems like we might end up with a day off tomorrow.  The weather here, like most of the country, is turning bitterly cold and since a good portion of our student body has to travel outside to get from one class to the next, our administration is leaning toward closing.  I have to tell you that honestly, I would more than welcome the extra day to rest.  It's amazing how tiring being sick can make you.  I went out for a little bit yesterday and, having not been out of the house for almost a week, I was exhausted by the time I got home.  An extra day of rest is very appealing.

Stay warm, wherever you are!  miss raven and I will be snuggling under the electric blanket and doing our best to keep toasty!

:)

1 comment:

  1. BOOOOOO you are still sick!!!!! :o(
    Hopefully it will leave SOON!!!!
    AND this NASTY cold!!!!
    Get feeling better BFF!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete