Saturday, September 19, 2009

Everybody walk the dinosaur....

Last night I went to see Walking with the Dinosaurs at the Verizon Center. I went with a good friend that I work with. She got the tickets from a friend of hers so we didn't have to pay. (note to self...FREE is always a good thing.)

The Verizon Center is located in DC in Chinatown. I had never been to DC's Chinatown and, although it is relatively small, it is kind of cool. I took a few pictures:
Walking with the Dinosaurs is a pretty cool show. It is, of course, chock-full of evolution which I wasn't surprised by. I am not, nor have I ever been, a believer of evolution. All the evolution aside, though, the show itself was pretty cool. I can't say whether or not the dinos were actually life size. For one thing, our seats were on the second level and for another thing, I wasn't there to begin with. How do I know how big they were?? ;)

Anyway--I did manage to get some pretty cool shots. I must say I was pretty impressed by the quality of the shots I got in the dark and with my little camera:

There were a couple of negative things about the show. First, it was WAY loud. Hmmmm....was it really all that loud or am I old? Something to ponder. Second, I would never take a little kid to see the show. When the T-Rex came out at the end and was LOUDLY screaming it's fool head off, I heard many a little one screaming in terror. THOSE parents didn't get any sleep last night, that's for sure!

Anyway (again), I had a great time. It was nice to get out and nice to get out with someone so fun. :)

Today I decided to try and get some shots of miss raven. This is what I ended up with:
Obedience is NOT one of her virtues. I love her anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment