Monday, September 28, 2009

"Not Me, Monday" and then some...

I have been wanting to do a "Not Me, Monday" for sometime. The problem is, I don't have a child. I have a (ssshhhhhhh--don't tell her I said this) dog. I have decided, however, to jump into "Not Me, Monday" and not let all the mommys have all the fun.

What is "Not Me, Monday"?  I look at it as a sort of "confessional", without really admitting to anything. ;) Don't worry, you'll catch on quickly.

  • I did not spend the greater part of my Sunday in my bed in my room. I did not watch football from the comfort of my bed instead of moving to my couch in the living room. I'm not THAT lazy!
  • I was not so tired this morning that, instead of actually washing my travel coffee mug, I simply rinsed it out with hot water. Eeeewwww! I'm MUCH more sanitary than THAT!
  • I am not planning on taking today's sports page to school tomorrow to hang on my office door because I am so beyond THRILLED that the redskins lost to the Lions. I would never be THAT obnoxious.
  • I did not think, as I talked to a high-schooler today, that I sounded just like my mother. I did not think that because I swore, when I was a teenager, that I would NEVER say the things she said to me because she "just didn't understand." I am so not my mother.
  • Work is not so stressful that I now dread getting up in the morning. I manage stress well and would never let what goes on at school affect my mentally or physically. My students behave ALL the time and my supervisor NEVER micromanages me. :) Never ever.
  • I am NEVER so stressed when I get home that I yell at miss raven for barking. Um, she is a (ssshhhhh....) dog. I know that they do that and would NEVER yell at her for doing something that comes naturally.
Wasn't that fun? You should try it. Even if you don't have a blog. Write it down, get it off your chest. It will make you feel so much better! Confession is good for the soul, dontchaknow?
miss raven is fine, despite me. I feel like I have been an AWFUL mommy lately. I have been out a lot and when I am home I am tired and cranky and her barking drives me up the wall. She can't help it and she isn't barking anymore than usual. I just usually only have one nerve left by the time I get home from work and have to fight hard not to snap at her. I am trying to spend more time with her but she sleeps all day and is SO full of energy when I get home. I spent most of the day with her yesterday and that was nice but I still feel awful.
I have some many decisions to make for next year. I know that I can't spend another year like this because the stress is too much. :(
On the bright side, ummmm. Hang on, let me think. I know there HAS to be a bright side around here somewhere. I'll let you know when I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment