Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Decisions, decisions....

This should be a Ten Things Tuesday, but I'm kind of not in the mood for that. At least, not yet.

Guess what? It's SNOWING outside right now! I despise winter (what? you didn't know that? really, you should visit my blog more often.) however, even I am not opposed to a good snow day every now and then. Especially when I need a break from over-indulged, spoiled, whining children and parents and teachers. We are supposed to get somewhere between 4-6 inches before tomorrow morning, on top of what we got over the weekend. And speaking of weekends, it is supposed to snow AGAIN this weekend. The last I heard about that was that it is supposed to be WORSE than the snowpocalypse of December (I fully confess that I did not come up with that lovely word on my own. I saw it in the paper and am borrowing.). Worse, huh? Better run to Safeway and stock up on bread, milk, and toilet paper because that's what we do here when the threat of snow looms large upon us.

The Wii told me today that I have good posture. This was while I was doing the "Triangle Pose." Of course, during the Palm Tree it told me I was unbalanced. I'm still trying to decide if it meant physically or mentally unbalanced. Hmmmmm. I'll have to get back to you on that one. At least it didn't scold me sarcastically today about my afternoon snack consumption.

The Biggest Loser is on tonight. Have I ever told you, my faithful 5 followers, how much I double {heart} the Biggest Loser? Oh, how I do! If I could have Jillian train me for just a week.....I would cry and puke and maybe even yell back at her, but I would LOVE it! I can't for the life of me figure out the people who get on that show and COMPLAIN about the workouts. Maybe the first couple of seasons, yes, but, c'mon! You have to know by now what it is all about! There are a million people who would LOVE to be chosen to be on that show and the ones that get on there and complain make me want to SCREAM!

Ok. Ten Things Tuesday--because I am now in the mood:

Ten Things I Remember From Growing Up in the 80's

1. Hammer pants
2. Leg warmers
3. Banana clips
4. Jelly shoes
5. Ataris
6. Walkin Like an Egyptian
7. Wham!
8. Valley girls (gag me with a spoon!)
9. Texas-sized homecoming mums. If you didn't grow there, you won't get it. Sorry. Ask me nice and I might show you a picture sometime. Maybe.
10. Slam books

I loved the 80's. Don't get me wrong. I am one million percent glad I am not a teenager anymore but the 80's were, like, totally the best time to grow up. Really. I love that the 80's are making a comeback but, OMG it makes me feel so incredibly O.L.D.

I realized the other day as I was talking to one of my students about something that I (insert LOUD audible gulping sound here) sounded just like my mother! Do you remember when you were growing up how you swore by all that was good, righteous, and holy in this world that you would NEVER (with a capital N) say the things that your mother said. Well, I do, and on a regular basis. After coming to that startling realization I decided that I am proud of the fact that I sound like my mother. She raised two intelligent, capable, well-adjusted children by saying the things that she said. I don't necessarily agree with everything she did but she did the best she knew how and I am proud to sound like her. And I wish with all my heart I could tell her that.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Wordless Wednesday. Let me tell you one thing. If I get the day off, I am sure I will have plenty to say! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment