Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm feeling the need....

to blog tonight. No Not Me! Monday, though. If that is what you are looking for please head over to MckMama's blog. She posted a Not Me! today. :)

I'm not quite sure what to blog about today. I mean, there are things that I would like to say but because my blog is read by people who actually kmnow me for real, I should probably keep those things to myself. Well, miss raven knows, but she won't tell. Not even if you give her a boney with double meat in the middle. Ok. Maybe that might do it but please don't try.

I thought spring had sprung but it is dreary and damp and gloomy outside today. It was like this yesterday and will be like this again tomorrow. The bright side is that it is supposed to be almost 80 by Friday! Whoo-hoo! Spring Break starts Friday...I'll take 80! Do I hear 85? Anyone, anyone??

brief interruption: i hate hockey. i'm watching the news right now and they are doing a story about hockey. i see no point in hockey. my apologies to all you hockey people out there.

I'm back.

Also on the bright side....remember my *ahem* battle with the bulge? You know, the whining I have been doing about the weight I have gained since Thanksgiving? Well, I am happy/thrilled/ecstatic to report that, over the course of the last two weeks, I have lost EIGHT pounds. Yea melicity! Adding to that, these two lovely, and true, stories:

Story 1:

we find melicity still reeling from her encounter with her supervisor. it is the end of the parent/teacher conference night and melicity walks over to a parent and a teacher who are deep in conversation. melicity has a vocabulary book in her hand that she is returning to the parent so the parent can take it home to their child. (names of students have been changed to protect the guilty.)

melicity: I found Suzi's vocabulary book over on the piano and wanted to make sure that you got it.

Parent: Oh, thank you so much! When I am finished talking with Mrs. Soandso, I would like to speak with you concerning Suzi's grades. Where will you be? Will you be in your classroom?

melicity (with a slightly puzzled look): I'm not one of Suzi's teachers. (at this point it would be helpful to you, the reader, to know that I had previously taught this woman's stepson and have been her daughter's principal for two years.)

Parent: Oh. (with a slightly even more puzzled look) I'm sorry then. Um. Who are you?

Teacher: That's Suzi's principal.

Parent: (with an REALLY embarrased look) Oh my goodness! You look A-mazing! You have lost so much weight and your hair is different. I am so sorry I just didn't recognize you!

Blah, blah, blah. More to the conversation, but, you get the point. :)

Story number 2:

melicity is coming down the stairs from the balcony at the performance she attended on saturday night. she must say that she was looking pretty darn hot that night. she sees one of her favorite teachers standing in the lobby speaking with her husband (the teacher's husband OBVIOUSLY not melicity's.) melicity walks up to say hello before heading to her truck.

melicity: Hi! :) (no, in case you were wondering, i did not turn my head sideways and smile.)

teacher and husband: Hi!

husband: Wow! You've really lost a lot of weight. You look great!

melicity: Thanks!

Blah, blah, blah. More to the conversation, but, you get the point. Again.

That made me feel good. About as good as 80 on Friday will make me feel. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I knew you would do it. I think I found those 8 pounds you lost ;p

    ReplyDelete