Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm so happy I'm bouncing in my chair...

And it has NOTHING to do with all the coffee from this:
(please take note of how I captured the coffee mid-brew)
Which, by the way, was my birthday present from my dad. Yes, I am spoiled like that. Sue me. (Please don't actually sue me. I have no money. It wouldn't be worth it for you. I promise.)

Ok. Technically I am bouncing in my bed, however, that just sounded a wee bit risque as a title to a post so I switched it to chair.

MY BFF WILL BE HERE IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS!!!!!

And now back to my real post for the day:

A birthday recap....

Yesterday was the day of my birth, otherwise known as my birthday. It was a very, very nice day. When I woke up and went out of my bedroom so I could take miss raven outside, I saw a lovely bunch of daffodils sitting in a vase on the island in the kitchen. My roommate got them for me because she knows how much I like them. Wasn't that sweet?!? She also had propped up my card (which, I must say, was hysterical! Wii-ner dogs. I laugh just thinking about it!) and added a couple of cute post-it note pads. I have a thing for post-its. I'm a post-it-a-holic.

I got ready and left for school, after opening cards from my brother and my BFF, and at school, the student body vice president said Happy Birthday to me during the morning announcements. Wasn't that nice? Except....I don't get to hear the announcements in my office so I didn't know he had said Happy Birthday to me until he told me at lunch. He looked a little sad that I didn't hear it because he was so proud of himself for announcing it.

I had to make a run off campus in the morning to buy a MEGA amount of anythingremotelyrelatedtoanicecreamparty. Long story short, most of the middle school students earned an ice cream party. Not being one to skimp on things like that, I went all out, thanks to the generosity of many of our teachers/staff. Not only did I buy a boat-load of ice cream, but I also got just about any topping you can think of. Including Magic Shell. Oh how I love Magic Shell. It is so fudgy and chocolately and hard and yummy.

After scooping out what seemed like a MILLION bowls of ice cream, I gathered some treats together and ran down to read to the K5 class I have kind of "adopted." I ended up not reading to them because they all drew cards for me (awwwwwwww!) and then had to explain, in minute detail, EVERYTHING on the cards. They sang Happy Birthday to me and then tried to guess how old I was. Nobody got it exactly right, but one little girl said 50. Not only am I NOT 50, I don't even look like I am 50. Hmmmmm.

At the end of the day I ran home to take a quick shower because I felt all sticky from the ice cream. I then gave miss raven a quick pat and ran back out the door to meet a friend of mine for dinner. She took me to the Bonefish Grill. I am not a huge fan of seafood, but I got the crabcakes and they were delicious. Their beggie of the day was a warm garbanzo bean concotion. It had rosemary in it, which I adore. I didn't think I was going to like it but it ended up being really yummy. When the waitress found out it was my birthday, she brought out a little creme brulee just for me. It even had a birthday candle in it. :)

Today I got to take high schoolers off campus to the mall. Middle school got an ice cream party, high school got the mall. Basically, I got paid to shop today. Sweet! My best friend will be here soon and I don't have to work tomorrow!

I hope your week was at least as half as good as mine!! Have a happy Friday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment