Friday, March 12, 2010

DC in the rain...

I am almost dry and I am almost warm. Almost. Close.

Today, the first full day that my BFF is here, we went in to DC. She used to live here and I wish she would move back. But, nnnnnnooooooooooo (It helps if you read that sarcastically. Trust me, it really does.), her husband won't move back here. Personally I think that is pretty selfish. I mean, how rude to deprive me of my best friend. You agree with me, right? I mean, look at her. Doesn't she just exude fun??!!??
I digress.

We started out by riding the Metro. This is how we looked at the BEGINNING of the day:

We got off at the Archives-Navy Memorial Station. Why there you may be asking? (Even if you aren't asking or could care less I am going to tell you. It's my blog. I can do that.) There is a Starbucks there. Now, I know what you are thinking (and no, I am not psychic). Isn't there a Starbucks everywhere in DC?!?! Why, yes. Yes, there is. That doesn't matter. What does matter is that the one we went to is right off of the Metro. It is important to start every trip in to the city with a piping hot Venti, non-fat, extra-hot, peppeermint latte. Because I said, so, that's why.

We walked all over DC. Chinatown, downtown, past the National Theatre (twice--Fiddler on the Roof is there right now. You know, in case you were wondering.), ate at Cosi (mmmmmmm!), down to the White House, over to Lincoln, back to the WWII Memorial, around the Washington Monument (fondly known as the "Pencil"), and back to the Metro. In the rain. By the time we got back to the Metro station about 4 hours or so after we started we looked like this:

OK. That, um, wasn't really what we looked like at the end. That was at the Lincoln Memorial. You didn't really think I was going to show you THAT picture, did you??

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the day:I love the etching on the front of this building!Oh! How I loved this buidling. A building for coffee. Sigh...A very unique view of the Washington Monument.

Here is a picture of miss raven:I didn't want her to feel left out or anything.

Tomorrow we are headed back in to DC. I think we may need an ark. I don't have one. I'll let you know how that goes.

:)

Note: I am warm now. You know, in case you care. Also, yes those are my very own, very real wrinkles on my face. Don't hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment