Thursday, April 29, 2010

Decisions, decisions....

Wouldn't it be nice if, when you had a huge, life-changing decision to make, that you heard the voice of God speaking to you? I imagine it would be something like this:

Me: I wish I knew what to do. Should I buy this house, that house, or the one over there? I like all of them for different reasons: size, location (location, location), price, cool stuff inside, etc. I just don't know which one to buy. If any of them.

God: (with a long arrow or finger pointing) That one. The one right there. That is the one I have for you. Buy that one. It will work out.

Me: Thanks! :)

By no means am I trying to be irreverent or disrespectful. I truly wish this would happen for me, though. I am TERRIFIED to make such a huge purchase. I am TERRIFIED of making a mistake. All of the signs seem to be pointing to buying something, though, because of the "issues" that I am going through here. It is a long and drawn out story full of needless and ridiculous drama. I have worked very, very hard to not be bitter about what has happened and, honestly, I don't think I am. I feel sorry for the person that caused this drama because she is going through her own set of issues. I don't mean that condescendingly, either. I really, really do feel badly for her. However, I don't like being lied to and , how can I put this nicely, um....well, I better not say anything else for right now.

Anyway. I am scared of making a huge mistake. I hate making mistakes. I want everything I do to be the right thing, especially with something like this. Buying my truck was a no-brainer. I love that truck. Even the color didn't take much thought. Cowboy blue, baby! :) A house, though? That is a huge deal. A GROWN-UP purchase.

You nine followers (I know it says 11. It really isn't, right Freddie? ;) ), I need some advice. Can you help me out? Above all, I need some prayer, big-time! I have to have some kind of decision by Monday. That is only a few days away.

Decisions, decisions......

1 comment:

  1. As always I will be praying for you! :)

    You changed the look of your blog! I like it! :D

    ReplyDelete