Saturday, April 10, 2010

In which you hear everything you wanted to know about Spring Break (maybe)...

Can I even begin to tell you how much I needed some time off from work? I think, if you have read my last several posts, you will know the answer to that.

I officially began SPRING BREAK 2010 earlier that I had planned. I found out that a good friend of mine had been rushed to the hospital a few days before Spring Break had officially begun. I asked to be able to leave a few hours early on Thursday so that I could visit her in the hospital. She ended up being there for over a week but has been able to go home. She is still not well and I am worried about her but at least she is home for now.

Friday morning I slept in (whoo-hoo!). When I got up I got ready, got miss raven ready, and set out for O-H-I-O!! Yea!! Time with my bestie! It was great! We had a lot of fun. She even made me a birthday apple pie--isn't she wonderful?!?! :) Would you like to see it? Ok!
We had a great time while I was there. Easter Sunday dinner was at her grandma's house. Mmmmmmmm......turkey, ham, and a bunch of other stuff. I have to say though, it was hard to get past the ham and turkey. Oh--the strawberry/cranberry jello salad thing. Yummmmm!

The girls "hunted" eggs. We thought last year was the final Easter egg hunt, but somehow, it happened again this year. It is now more a formality than anything else, because the girls are almost16 and 10. Really, there aren't too many "hiding" places that can be found anymore. Here is a picture of me and my BFF on Easter Sunday. I know, we look amazingly fabulous!On Monday Miss H and I went to Columbus to have a Girl's Day.
My bestie had to work (boo law firm, boo) so Miss H and I went to Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body, and Victoria's Secret. We ate lunch at Max & Erma's, which was actually pretty good. We went to see the Percy Jackson movie, which she was DYING to see. The look on her face as the movie started was beyond priceless and one I won't soon forget. This is why she is my favorite 10 year old. Oh, and this, too:
funny (and true) story: BFF and Miss H drive to TH for breakfast on Saturday morning before going to school (yes, school. ON SATURDAY!). BFF pulls up to the drive through box-talking thing and orders the regular: Everything bagel, toasted with LIGHT cream cheese and chocolate milk for Miss H, medium iced capp. for her. After placing the order, BFF pulls up towards the window and waits for the vehicles in front of her to finish. Miss H looks at her mother and with all seriousness says something to the effect of "Can we ever order DARK cream cheese?" BFF bursts out laughing (as would I). Miss H bursts out laughing. Once BFF caught her breath she asked Miss H if she knew why she was laughing. Miss H, still giggling, replies "No!" BFF procedes to explain that LIGHT cream cheese is light because there are fewer fat and calories, NOT because of the color!

I spent some time on the beach during my vacation. See:
Please look past the awful (I could have said windblown!) hair to the fact that I am smiling because I am ON THE BEACH!!!I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the beach. I LOVE the beach. The seagulls are for my favorite aunt. She loves them. They make me think of Nemo.

I came back home to find out that this may not be my home for much longer. In the interest of keeping this blog nice and clean I won't say what I actually think about the situation and what has happened to my roommate and I. I will say that this SUCKS and that I won't trust a "friend" to be my landlord again. Being screwed by a stranger is one thing, being screwed by someone who was supposed to be your friend is entirely another. Needless to say, being the emotional person that I am, I was pretty upset last night and even somewhat this morning. I am seeing things a little more clearly now, and, even though I still don't know what is going to happen with my housing situation in the next few months, I am not quite as worried about it as I was. I have a possibility in the works, kind of, at the moment. I would like for it to work out as it would be nice for me and for her:
You didn't think we would get through a whole post without a picture of my girl, did you?

I have to go back to work tomorrow. It feels like such a long time since I have been there and I can't truthfully say I am excited about going back. My schedule is packed beyond belief this week but I do have something to look forward to on Friday. My roommate and I are taking the Seniors off campus for lunch. We were able to do that earlier in the year and they had a good time. They are a good group of kids and I can honestly say that I am going to be sorry to see them leave.

The next couple of months will go by quickly and that is good and bad. I am looking forward to summer but not as much as I would be if I didn't have this housing mess hanging over my head. And not as much as I would be if I didn't have my supervisor hanging over my head.

Since I don't want to think about that right now, I am going to think about this:
Feel free to think about it too, if you'd like. :)

1 comment:

  1. BFF you are the B-E-S-T!!! MISS YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete