Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's not Thursday...

but I am thankful anyway. :)

I had a wonderful day today.  I slept in, which was nice, seeing as how by 8:30am last Saturday morning, I was in full-blown panic mode frantically trying to finish packing before people came to help me move.  I can't believe I've already been in my place for a week.  I LOVE it!  I have spent a little time each day over the last week putting things here and there, rearranging where I put things, hanging pictures, and organizing.  It feels like a home now and not just a bunch of rooms with stuff in them. :)

I met a good friend for lunch today.  We went to Panera, which is one of my favorite places to eat lunch.  After lunch we went shopping.  I got some things for the house and some things for miss raven.  I also got a wonderful (and much needed) housewarming gift!  A new vaccuum cleaner from my friend!  Yea!!! :)

After I got home I started hanging some pictures.  As I was working, I heard a knock on the door.  A little boy from the development where I now live came to ask me if I wanted him to mow and weed-eat my lawn.  Did I ever?!?!  He was a sweet little kid and did a wonderful job.  miss raven wholeheartedly approves as now the weeds aren't smacking her in the face every time she runs through the yard.

Speaking of running through the yard...miss raven is loving her yard every bit as much as I am loving the house.  She loves to go out and run (and bark) and run (and bark).  I'm half afraid that the neighbors are going to hate us for as much as she is barking.

**Before I forget!!!!  I was super-forgetful the other day!  One of my good friends, and fellow COWBOYS lover had a birthday and I didn't mention it!  HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, STERLING!!!!  You are an awesome friend and I appreciate everything you've done for me!  Hope you had a wonderful day! :)**

I just got finished doing the dishes and making chocolate chip cookies.  The house smells so good! :)  I didn't lick the beaters so I am feeling pretty good about myself right now. ;)

Have a wonderful (long) weekend!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Thank you for remembering me, and for all of your kind words. You are an awesome friend, also!! BTW, I'm loving your house!! Congratulations again!! Enjoy your holiday!
    Sterling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say crack, er, I mean chocolate chip cookies???!!! R there any left? mmmmm:p Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. I didn't go to Frederick, too much driving, went back to Annapolis Mall...hahaha, I'm kinda feelin' like its my 2nd home!

    ReplyDelete