Friday, May 7, 2010

People make me laugh, and other things....

So, I am getting closer and closer to being able to tell you my news!  I know you are waiting with baited breath.  Now, if I only knew what baited breath really was....

Anywho.  People make me laugh.  Seriously.  At some point you have to move past the anger and just laugh. 

Case in point, number one:

I know this person.  For the last few years I have believed pretty much everything I have been told by this person.  When I learned about some difficulties that this person was having, I felt genuinely sorry for them.  Then, I started finding out about the lies this person has been telling.  Now, I pretty much loathe being lied to.  And the lies continue.  And the more I find out about these lies, the more I just have to shake my head and laugh.  I have been accused of different things by this person, none of which are true.  Each time I find out something new, I just have to laugh.  And I feel sorry.  Because truly, who wants to live their life always blaming everyone else for their problems.  Not me. 

People make me laugh.

Case in point, number two:

Mrs. BlahBlahBlah comes at the end of the day to pick up her wretched little beastie "angel".  "Angel" tells her how horrible EVERYONE treats him.  Mommy believes him (of course) and is furious and demands a meeting with thepowersthatbe.  In the course of that meeting Mommy finds out that "angel" isn't allowed to participate in a fun thing that the rest of the class is doing because of his behavior (notice had already been sent, she just hadn't received it yet).  Mommy is FURIOUS and declares that we have been picking on "Angel" since day one.  Because Mommy believe EVERYTHING that "angel" says, we ask Mommy "Did you know that "Angel" comes to school and says ______________________ about you?"  Mommy.  Is.  Stunned.  Mommy, meet reality.

People make me laugh.

Case in point, number three:

Did you realize that this week was Teacher Appreciation Week?  Did you appreciate your teachers?  You did?  Good for you!!!  Chances are, though, that the teachers you appreciated are all elementary school teachers.  Am I right?  Please do me a favor.  Please don't forget to appreciate your child's teachers when your brilliant, intelligent, wise, child is in Middle or High school.  Some of my Middle school teachers got something but none of my High school teachers got anything.  I mean, they got something from me, because I truly appreciate them, but I think it means more when it comes from their students and parents.  Please. :)

I am looking forward to part of this weekend.  Tomorrow I am going out with some friends.  I always like being able to do that and am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have. :)  You will forgive me for not blogging on Sunday.  Mother's Day is not a good day for me and I will spend most of my day trying very hard to remember happy times and not cry.  I will not succeed on the not crying part.  Please, do me another favor (I know, I am needy tonight).  Please call your mom on Sunday and tell her how much you love her.  Even if you haven't talked to her in days, months, or even years.  Even if you just talked to her on Saturday.  Just call her and tell her that you love her and appreciate everything she does for you.  On Sunday it will have been four years, eight months, and twenty-seven days since I have been able to call my mom and tell her that.  I would give everything I own and then some to be able to tell her just one more time.  Telling it to a picture just isn't the same.

I hope all you Mom's that read my blog (I think there are three of you.) have a very, very happy Mother's Day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok I would have LOVED to see the look on 'mommys' face!
    I'll be praying for you on Mother's Day...

    ReplyDelete