Monday, June 21, 2010

My apologies....

to my "religious" blog followers.  I've been told that I am letting you down.  I am sorry about that.  It isn't that I haven't wanted to blog, I just have trying to get some things straight in my mind before I blogged.

It's been said that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  I have been finding that out first hand recently.  Especially in the area of friendship.  People that I thought were my friends I am finiding out aren't, other friendships are changing, and people that I never dreamed I would be friends with I now am.

I am not a huge fan of change.  I find that, in many cases, it is highly overrated.  Sometimes it is worth it and it is easy to see that right away.  Sometimes it is worth it but you don't know that until way after it is over.  Sometimes it just isn't worth it at all but you can't do anything about it.

I've said before that I am not a person who needs a lot of friends.  I just don't; that's not me.  I do highly value the friendships that I have, though, and when things happen to change them it leaves me bewildered and sometimes hurt.  I was good friends with someone (at least I thought I was) but they have made it abundantly clear that they don't want anything to do with me unless they need something.  That hurts.  I made the painful decision to obviously distance myself from that person because I got to the point where I just got tired of being used.

I'm in the middle of another friendship change and, while I don't see it ending quite the way the one above did, I am unsure about the direction in which it is going.  That is unsettling.

Did I mention I hate change?

I don't hate summer, though, and today is the official first day of summer.  It is hot here and I love that.  I love the heat and it is going to be hot the rest of the week.  Yea!!! :)  I always have grandiose plans for the summer and most of the time they don't come to fruition.  I am not going to make grandiose plans this year, but I am going to make some minor plans.  Most of which include the beach.  I love me some beach! :)

I will do my best to blog a little more frequently.  I don't want to disappoint any of you. ;)

2 comments:

  1. SOOO HAPPY to get to read a blog post!!! ;P
    I hate change too, but sometimes that's what's best (at least I tell myself that). :)
    Love ya BFF!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you back :)
    I definitely understand the friend thing. Sometimes it is hard to move on. Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete