Sunday, August 8, 2010

Much ado about pretty much nothing....

This was my last weekend of freedom.  My vacation is over; I go back to work tomorrow and my next day off isn't until Labor Day.  Even though I have been a principal for three years now, I still haven't gotten over the loss of my summers.  I miss having the whole, long, blessed summer off.  Sigh.  I know, spoiled, right?

I did have a good weekend, though.  I used my new grill yesterday to grill some turkey tenderloins.  I had a good friend come over for dinner and we had the turkey, fresh pasta salad, homemade biscuits, and fresh, hot, homemade peach crisp.  Yes, I am bragging because yes, I am a good cook.

Today I went to Ikea and got some new dinner plates, exchanged some sleep pants at Old Navy, got a few things (including a meat thermometer) at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and went to Rita's.  What can I say?  I wanted to go out with a bang.  Lol.

Tonight is the Hall of Fame game.  The COWBOYS are playing the bungles (bengals) and, even though it is ONLY a pre-season game, I would still like to see the COWBOYS win, especially since ME-O (terrell owens) plays for the bungles now.

I am going to do my best to eat better from now on.  I have gained some serious weight since last Thanksgiving and I need to get rid of it because I REFUSE to buy a new wardrobe in a bigger size.  REFUSE.

This is a pretty random post.  To add to the randomness I will say two  three more things:

1.  Hardly any one of the blogs I follow have blogged lately.  I fear I have nothing to read.

2.  Comments have drastically declined on my blog.  Um.  HELLO out there?!?!

3.  I think I will go make some coffee.  With peppermint coffee creamer.

Good night and GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!
    I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your last weekend of freedom! This summer has gone by WAY TOO FAST!!!
    On an Happier note--How Bout them COWBOYS!!! :)

    Later!!

    ReplyDelete