Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to Work.....

So, after three lovely, fun-filled weeks off, I went back to school today.  It wasn't too bad, although I do have a meeting tomorrow that I am a wee bit apprehensive about.  If I blog tomorrow, you'll know it went ok.  I'll let you know.  You mean that much to me. 

:)

I came home and mowed the lawn.  I can do that now because I have a lawnmower.
Quick update:  I got HALF of my security deposit back.  The former landlord decided that she would communicate with my former roommate (and not me) and give her half the money back.  My former roommate split that half with me so that she and I each got half of our total back.  I am supposed to be getting the rest of it tomorrow.  I'll keep you updated.  Because I know how much you care.  Right?
Anywho.  It was stinking hot outside, but the lawn needed mowing or else miss raven would have gotten lost in the dense forest that was becoming my lawn.  I also weedwhacked.  I felt empowered.  Kind of.  I should get out the power tools, too.

Not.

Speaking of miss raven and yes, we were, her she is:
Isn't she just the sweetest thing?  In case you were wondering, the correct answer to that question is YES.
She is doing very well in her new home and loves having a yard to play in.  Today she was very brave, barking and chasing a big, scary, noisy helicopter out of our yard.  Apparently they were not aware that there is a "No Fly Zone" over our house and she was reminding them.  What would I do without her??

The Cowboys won last night.  Even though it was only a pre-season came and doesn't count for anything, it was still nice to see them win.  I hope to see ALOT more of that in the weeks to come.  Especially the season opener.  Against the deadskins.  Ugh.

Time to make some coffee.  Good night.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment