Monday, September 20, 2010

Ways to know that you are old....

1.  You have muscles you didn't know existed revolting against you.

2.  You have to take Advil PM in order to go to sleep because of said muscles conspiring against you.

3.  You think that 9PM on a Saturday night is FAR too late to be out.

4.  You sound like your mother when you talk to students.

5.  You realize that the student you are talking to (in which you sound JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER) was born AFTER you graduated...from COLLEGE.

6.  While you are sitting on the couch, cursing your darned muscles that are conspiring against you, you decide that it is far too much work to get up and go to the bathroom.  You will wait until there are a few other things that you can do in order to prevent getting up more than once.

7.  One cup of coffee in the morning is laughable.  You need at least two.  At least.

8.  Reaching for the bottle of water on the coffee table in front of you presents you with a choice.  Get it and be in pain or thirst.  You opt for thirst.

9.  You keep hoping that 10PM will get here soon so that you can go to bed and tell yourself you aren't THAT old.

10.  You can't remember number ten because, well, you are OLD.


Oh. My. Word.

I am sore.  Sore beyond words.  It is like all of my muscles decide to revolt against me and it isn't fair.  All I am doing is trying to help them and they are TICKED OFF.  Seriously...I wasn't even kidding on number six.  I am really going to wait until I have a few more things to do because I can't even tell you how painful it is to stand up and sit down right now.

I did exercise with my new game yesterday.  I enjoyed it.  Really.  I promise.  I enjoyed it so much that, although my thighs HATE me at the moment, I used the game again today.  Apparently, the game was SO impressed with the fact that I came back for a second day that it bumped me up to level FOUR in the cardio boxing. 

Go ahead, laugh with me.  You know you want to.  I don't mind.

Cardio boxing kicked my butt.  And perhaps that is why it, too, is SORE BEYOND WORDS.  Sigh.  I wish I loved exercise as much as I love food.  And coffee.

I went to my box at work today and look what I found:
Awwwwww!!!!!  Thank you, BFF!!  I love Hoops and YoYo and the card even talks to me!  miss raven doesn't like it so much, but that's ok.  It isn't for her. ;)  BTW--BFF did you send it to school on purpose or because you don't have my addy?  Let me know.  :)

What's that?  The yarn in the corner?  Pay no attention to the yarn in the corner of the picture....(it really helps if you say that out loud in the Wizard of Oz-ish voice, trust me.)  Anyway....this:
was the yarn I told you about yesterday.  Sorry the color didn't come through so well.  Trust me...it is a GORGEOUS pink.  I can't wait to work with it.  I have to finish my current project first, though.

And now, number six is coming after me with a vengeance, so.....

laters!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment