Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A whining post...

I am under an unbelievable amount of stress at work right now.  Things keep getting thrown at me and more and more "responsibilities" keep getting added to my plate.  While I absolutely believe that EVERY job has a certain amount of stress that comes with it, lately, and I mean within the last week, an enormous amount has been dumped on me.

I'm not the best person when it comes to stress.  I work well under pressure, but only when I don't have someone breathing down my neck.  The way I feel is that if you trust me enough to give me something to do then LET ME DO IT.  When I am under a lot of stress I find myself doing things that I normally wouldn't do.

I eat.  A LOT.  I eat a lot and then I feel massively guilty.  And then that makes me want to eat a lot more.  Confession:  I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday.  I am determined to go tomorrow.

I pick.  At the skin around my thumbs.  Currently both thumbs are in horiffic condition...think bloody stumps, because I have picked them down so much.  To be fair, this is completely subconscious.  I honestly don't (mostly) realize that I am doing it until I feel blood.  Gross, right?

I keep hoping and praying that I can just make it until the end of the year.  Or at least the end of the week.  Honestly, at this point, I am happy to make it until the end of the day.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment