Tuesday, March 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....

...NO, not to me.  That was last week.

Happy Fabulous, Amazing, Wonderful, Beautiful Birthday to her:
I LOVE YOU BESTEST BFF IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!!!  THANK YOU FOR BE THE AMAZING, WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL PERSON THAT YOU ARE!

Today is my BF's birthday and I wish so much that it was last year and I could be celebrating with her.  We cave gone through much in the last year, have we not, BFF?  I haven't seen her since LAST JUNE and I miss her horribly.

I promised myself that this would be a (mostly) happy post today.  Seeing as how I was Miss Grumpy-Pants in my last few.  So.  Here is a re-cap of last weekend:

Friday:
Who am I kidding?  We are NOT going to discuss a work day.  (Except for towards the end of the post but I promise, it will be worth it.)

Saturday:
miss raven and I got up early.  I pretty much already knew what I was going to do that day.  (Disclaimer:  I had planned on doing something else but chickened out at the last minute because I was afraid of getting lost in an unfamiliar place.) I went to have a bagel and coffee at Panera and then visited Barnes and Noble.  I got a couple of magazines, a lovely cupcake cookbook, and a medeival fiction book.  Then I went to Old Navy.  Surprise!  They weren't open yet.  Really?  On a Saturday?  You don't open until 10:00?!?  Sheesh.  My BFF called and I forced gently encouraged her to open the present that I sent.  She liked it.  I rock.

Old Navy opened and I scored four new dresses (they were SEVEN dollars each!) and a new pair of pants.  Then it was time to get my birthday present!  My dad sent me a gift card to Best Buy.  I got a KINDLE!!!  I wasn't going to...I really, really like books and holding books, and smelling books, and buying books, and reading books, but the idea of having something as convenient as a Kindle was intriguing to me.  I caved  like a wet noodle.  And. I. Love. It.  LOVE IT.  I have already downloaded several books--some were even FREE.  Free = good!

Went to Borders to use a gift card, went to Petsmart to get treats for the girlie, went to Target to get a little of this and a little of that, then finished up the morning at Safeway for groceries. 

Sunday:
CHEESECAKE FACTORY.  (aaaaannnnnddddd...there goes the diet.  sigh.)  I had the best meal, though!  Warm pita bread and white bean hummus, thai chicken wraps which were so amazingly good that I came home and have recreated them the last two nights for dinner, and white chocolate, macadamia nut, blondie crust cheesecake.  Calorie overload.  Did anyone lose five pounds this week?  Just wondering because I think I found them.  Please contact me should you want them back as I am more than happy to send them to you.  I'll even pay for the postage.

Monday (technically not the weekend, but still...):
Ok.  Today was the day from H-E-double hockey sticks, so I am not going to depress/bore you nor am I going to whine.  I am going to tell you the two best things that happened to me:
     1.  One of my teachers brought me a homemade cheesecake for my birthday.  She makes incredible cheesecakes so I feel very, very blessed to have gotten one.  It's peach with a gingersnap crust.  (Did I say I found five pounds?  I think I meant fifteen.....)
     2.  I went back to Safeway (I forgot some stuff on Saturday and also needed to get a couple of things to re-create the chicken wraps).  I had a coupon for $2.00 off 1/2 lb or more of Millstone coffee.  It just so happens (thank you, Lord, because you knew I needed this after my day from, well, you  know.) that they still had the Holiday Peppermint coffee and I wanted to snap up another bag.  I finished my list and went to check out.  Not only did I not have to wait in line but the cashier scanned my coffee coupon TWICE!!!!  Cashier WIN!!!!!  I got FOUR dollars off my coffee.  So happy and so needed after yesterday.

And that concludes our weekend re-cap.

Have you noticed that I now have 15 (13) followers?!?  Whoo-hoo!!!!  Lol!  How sad is it that I am that excited by that?

The Biggest Loser is on, I have laundry to fold, a hat/scarf order to crochet, and a diva to adore.  Good night!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday tribute there BFF! Ugh! Don't remind me that it has been SOOOO long since we have seen eachother! You ROCK with all the fun stuff (except the He** day--boooo on it!) And I think it is TOALLLLY AWSOME to double the coupon on teh java! woohooo!!!!
    Miss you!
    Oh and another follower! TOO cool! It's not Freddie again is it??? ;oP

    ReplyDelete