Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sigh...

It's my birthday.  I'm supposed to be happy and all but, try as I might, I'm not feeling it.  Maybe it's the weather--it's a dreary, rainy, nasty day.  Maybe it's the stress at work--issues that happened today didn't make it any better.  Maybe it's the whole idea of another birthday--I'm now 39 and pretty much feel that I have nothing to show for my life.  I'm not married, I have no children.  I try not to let that bother me but, on days like today, when I am reminded that I am yet another year older and still alone, it hits me hard.

People at work were very nice today.  I got some flowers, a few cards, a gift certificate to Amazon, and a new Cowboys fleece top.  The seniors threw me a "surprise" party and, when I got home, there were a few cards waiting for me along with a gift card to my lys (local yarn store).  Because, as we all know, I can never have too much yarn.

My brother and sister-in-law called this morning and the kids sang Happy Birthday to me.  That was one of the highlights of my day.  I almost cried.  My BFF and her girlie also called (and blasted my eardrums) to "sing" to me.  That was nice, too.

Currently I am waiting for some (healthy) Chinese food and some (unhealthy) buffalo wings.  On a side note--does it ever strike anyone else as odd that Chinese places sell subs and buffalo wings and fries and stuff or is it just me?  miss raven is sleeping on the sofa behind me and we are watching The Day After Tomorrow (perhaps not the best choice with the flooding going on outside).  I am working on a new crochet project with some gorgeous yarn.  This is going to be all for me.  It's a good thing I don't have any ice cream because, if I did, it would be ALL gone.

Happy Birthday to me.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment