Monday, August 22, 2011

It's been a long time...

No, BFF, not since I've blogged, although I am sure that's what you were thinking...  ;)

No...it's been a long time since I have loved my job.

I haven't really loved it for several years now.  I have tolerated it, put up with it, been thankful I still had it, endured it, dreaded it, and loathed it, BUT, I haven't loved it.

Today, I loved it.  Today I remembered why I loved it.  Today I wondered why on earth I ever gave it up to be in administration.  Today, I loved my job.

Now I am not naive enough to think that every day for the rest of this year is going to be this wonderful.  Truth be told, this day wasn't even perfect.  It was closer to perfect than not, but there were still issues.  Issues with a few kids, issues with some helicopter parents, issues with the schedule.  All in all, though, it was a GREAT day and it made me remember why I do what I do.

I am tired.  Very, very tired.  I haven't been on my feet all day in a long time.  I got a wee little break at lunch time but I was with them the whole day long.  And, because it was the first day, I found myself saying the same thing ALL DAY LONG.  And I am telling you right now...if it is the LAST thing I do this year, my class WILL walk in a STRAIGHT and QUIET line.  A straight line seems to mean nothing to them.  Yet.  Give me a few more days, though.....

Here are the pictures I promised last week:

Front of the room

Whoo-hoo!

Front corner

Back of room

Back corner with the comfy chairs that the whole school is jealous of! :)  I rock!

A close-up view of the comfy chairs.  I am currently crocheting throws to add to them. :)

Other bulletin board. (Science and History)

Student mailboxes and homework board.

So there you have it.  A nice little tour of my classroom.  :)

I will try to blog again this week but I can't promise.  Once I am back in a routine and not quite so tired, I will start blogging a little more regularly.  :)

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. OK....L-O-V-E your class room!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY I will get to have an actual tour this year!!!! Let's pray that way shall we!?!?!?!?! I am SOOO HAPPY that you LOVE your job again!!!! Y-E-A!!!!!
    I hope that the rest of the week is wonderful and you have quiet straight lines! ;o)
    IMISSYOU (just in case I haven't told you lately)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom looks great! I am sooooo glad you are happy about going to work again! It really makes such a difference in the quality of life! I really enjoyed lunch today. Thanks again for the calendar!

    ReplyDelete