Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blah,blah, and more blah...

Hello there.

I promise I have not really been MIA recently, although I am sure that it seems like it.  I have thought often, in the last few days, that I should blog, but have been too tired/busy/tired to get it together.  You know how it goes, right?

Things are going ok at school.  I still love my class, although Speshul Snowflake was absent again today.  For no apparent reason this time, either.  Well, I am sure there was a "reason" and I am sure I will hear all about it tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Spelling test that the little angel didn't want to take today.  In case you are keeping count, she has now been absent 6 out of 18 days. 

I have been remiss in taking pictures of the painted insects.  I meant to take my camera to school today and alas, I forgot.  I will have to remember tomorrow.  I was able to find some glue/goop that has so far seemed to work in the "sticking the head to the body of the insect permanently" area.  This is a good thing.  Tomorrow night I must cut out many pairs of insect wings out of felt.  And finish my lesson plans.

Although I was in the classroom teaching 4th grade for nine years, I still have days where I don't feel completely put together.  I still feel, sometimes, like I am behind all day long.  For whatever reason, it has been so hard for me to get my schedule down.  I don't know if it is because there is so much more in the schedule than there was when last I taught 4th grade, but I hate feeling like this.  I am hoping that the feeling subsides in the next few weeks as I try to get myself better organized.

I am almost done with the second granny square, log cabin, blanket for the other comfy chair in my classroom.  This is a good thing for a couple of reasons:
  1. I am SO tired of granny squares and log cabins.
  2. I have the most stunningly gorgeous forest green cashmere yarn that I want to use.  I finally found something that I want to make with it and plan to start as soon as I am done with the above mentioned blankie.
Other (sports-related) interesting tidbits:
  • Tony Stewart, my favorite NASCAR driver, WON his first race this season on Monday.  The race was supposed to be on Sunday but had to be postponed because of rain.  This puts Smoke in second place in the race for the chase.  This is important because (a) we want him to win the whole shebang and (b) he is ahead of Jimmy Johnson, whom I can't stand.
  • The COWBOYS won their first game this past Sunday.  This is good because (a) I hate when they lose and (b) I hate when they lose.
  • Pre-season hockey has started.  Am I the only person in the country who thinks that it just ended?!?  How is it time to begin again?  And people say football is a long seasoned sport.
Finally...

Good night.

:)

2 comments:

  1. YAAAYYYYYYOUBLOGGGGED!!!!!!!!HAPPY BFF!!!
    Can we say truancy?????
    Can't wait to see pics of the bugs and the blanket!!!
    Sports related....wellll....no comment! Though I just thought that hockey ended too!
    MISSYOUUUUUU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with coffeegirl. When does the alarm bell go off for the school?

    According to my calculation, she's been out of school 33% of the school year..SO FAR. Wow.

    ReplyDelete