Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let us all rejoice...

for the tree is down!

I know, finally...right?

Although it did warm my heart to know that I am not the only person out there who still had a Christmas tree standing....

:)

This week is Spirit Week at school (our homecoming sport is basketball and our homecoming game is this Friday night).  We have "fun" days throughout Spirit Week and today was twin day.

I work in a predominately African American community.  That makes Twin Day fun for me.  (And I mean that sincerely, with no snarkiness intended.)  My "twin" for today is a friend of mine.  She and I decided to wear our Cowboys paraphernalia.  Follow me here....I am Caucasian.  She is African American.  Today...we were twins.  Now.......in the mind of a fourth grade student, twins should look the SAME.

Are you with me?

On Friday, as we were wrapping up the day and discussing the fun days that we would be enjoying this week,  several of my students asked me who my twin was.  They all were guessing it was either the third grade teacher or the other fourth grade teacher.  I blew their sweet little minds when I told them who my twin was.

You know that look you get from someone when you tell them something and they are working hard to process it?  Yeah.  That's the look I got.

Then one brave little soul raised their hand and said..."Miss Olsen.  Um.  You don't look ANYTHING at all like Miss XXXXX."

Um....YOU THINK?!?!

It was all I could do not to fall out laughing.

They are so funny.  And naive.  And mostly funny.

Tomorrow is my favorite of all the days....

PAJAMA DAY!!!!!!!

I get to wear my PJs to school and I can't wait!!!!  I promise to take pictures tomorrow if you will promise not to be disgusted by the amount of weight I have gained.  I am disgusted enough for the both of us.  I promise.

Night!

1 comment:

  1. You could be faternal twins. Just sayin; is all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete