Monday, February 27, 2012

Say hello to my little friends...

Ok.  So, you may or may not know this.  If you do, bear with me.  If you don't, you are about to.

For the past year I have been having some major(ish) issues with my feet.  Primarily with my right foot.  It has gotten to the point that, when I get home at night, I am almost in tears because of the pain.

I know what you are thinking.  "Go to the doctor, dummy."  Perhaps you aren't thinking the "dummy" part.  I thank you for that.

You are right.  I know it.  I *should* go to the doctor.  I *should* also do the dishes in my sink.  Guess what is going to get done first?

Hush up, there, BFF.  No one likes a smarty-pants.

Anyway.  I have been thinking the last few weeks that I really, really needed to find a pair of shoes that will help cushion my poor right heel so that I won't be in so much pain by the end of the day.

I have found THOSE.SHOES.

Say hello to my little friends:


I was shopping this weekend and happened to wander into a Famous Footwear.  I honestly didn't set out to go into the store, meaning it wasn't on my list of things to do, but I did and I am SO happy!

I was wandering through the store and I spotted these sweet beauties and thought, "Aren't those nice looking?"  Then I spotted the tag on the inside that said they contained orthopedic support.  I tried those puppies on right away and wanted to cry tears of joy right there in the store.  As soon as I put the shoe on my right foot it took all the pressure off my heel and the pain was (mostly) gone.  To make matters even better, the store was running a BOGO sale so I was able to get a white/pink pair as well.

I wore them to school today and, for the first time in a long time, I had very little pain in my foot by the time I got home.  As soon as I took them off and began to walk barefoot, though, the pain flared up.  Summer time is going to be interesting because my love of all things flip-flop is well documented.  I can't even begin to IMAGINE having to wear tennis shoes all summer.  That would be the worst.

Speaking of summer....have I mentioned lately that I don't have to work in the summers anymore?!?!?!

Whoo-hoo!!!!

Speaking of work...I had FOUR children out today.  All were sick.  Two came to school and were on their way home by 11:00am because of said sickness.  One of those sweeties manged to BARF ALL OVER THE PLACE!

I don't do vomit well.  Especially when it has chunks of last night's dinner in it.

I'll spare you the gory details.  Suffice it to say, his mother had to bring him a change of clothes.

Nasty.

I don't need to tell you that I Clorox-wiped every conceivable surface in my room twice today.

It was totally psychosomatic, but I swear to you, right after the vomit child left, I felt my stomach getting all queasy.  And I'm not sick.

Oh please, God, don't let me be sick.

I don't do vomit well.



Pray for me.

And finally, here are some pictures of my sweetie because, well, just because!


I will blog about the other two books I got tomorrow, I promise! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! i LOVE them and they ar BLACK!!!!! That is right up my alley!! heeheehee You can tell that we have been BFFs for a long time! You put your little messages in there for me at just the right times!!! I am SOOOOO happy that you found a shoe that will help with your foot! I was worring about that!
    Ok EWWWEWWWandEWWWW!!!! I will pray that you do not get sick!!!!!!!!!
    I really real;y really miss my BFF!!!!!
    and love the pics of Raviebaby!

    ReplyDelete