Tuesday, February 21, 2012

thirteen...

I'm not quite sure why I am blogging tonight.  I don't have much to say.

About anything.

I'm kind of all talked out.

miss raven and I are fine.

Well, I am fine.  miss raven is mostly fine.

she will be thirteen this year.  July 15.  Thirteen for a dog is not the same as thirteen for a human.  she has begun to show some signs of her advanced age.

I have been noticing for a while lately that she is having some difficulty getting up and down the steps leading from my deck to her yard.  Not so much during the day but almost always at dawn, dusk, and night.

It isn't her hips or joints.  It's her eyes.  she is having a hard time seeing things.

It became painfully obvious last week.  she tried to run up the stairs after hesitating at the bottom.  she made it about halfway up and then conked her little head on the stair.  It hit pretty loud.  she ended up back down at the bottom of the stairs looking up at me as if to say, "What just happened?  That hurt!"

I was so upset.  I have begun picking her up and carrying her up and down the stairs.

And trying so hard to not think about her being almost thirteen.

1 comment:

  1. :o/ She is a wonderful little thing! I miss her and Y-O-U!!!! Her doggie love is starting to lose his hearing, we have to yell at him before he realizes that we said something to him.

    ReplyDelete