Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One would think...

that I am trying to freak my BFF out by posting THREE days in a row.

;o)

Today was a good day.  I completely finished my classroom (and promptly forgot to take pictures) and I must say that it looks good.  Even better than last year, perhaps.  The parents come tomorrow and all I have to do is plug in the air fresheners as soon as I get there in the morning so that my room smells pleasant.

We have a new online grading system this year and, I have to tell you, the thing has me stymied!  It is really hard to figure out and the lesson plan part of it is complicated.  I am not going to stress out about having plans done by Friday.  We have Friday off (have I mentioned how much I LOVE my principal?!?) and I am going to work on my plans then.  I am so excited about this bonus day off!  The weather is supposed to be nice so I am going to do some work and then maybe go out for lunch at a place where I can sit and knit for a while....with a good cup of coffee.  I'd love to go into the city but that would be WAY more fun with someone else.  Hint, hint, BFF.  ;o)

I'm literally in the middle of typing a "Welcome Back" letter to the parents and I am stuck.  I feel like it sounds kind of phony even though it is totally sincere.  I need to finish it tonight, though, so I can put it in my packet for tomorrow.

I have been pretty diligent with my eating this week.  I don't know if I have officially lost any weight because I refuse to get on the scale right now.  I am trying to focus more on making healthy choices rather than a number on the scale.  I did try on a blouse that I bought last Friday, though, and it felt a little looser.  That made me feel better and gave me a little more willpower.  I was so proud of myself on Monday...I bypassed the Danish and other sweets that were provided for us for breakfast.  I happily ate my Greek yogurt and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

Ok.  I have to get back to this letter!

Goodnight!

:)

1 comment:

  1. No freaking out here..judt loving the bloggggg!!!!
    And YES I wish that I were there to go into the city with you to enjoy a cup of joe!!!!
    Can not wait to see your classroom!!!
    Hope that you have a great day and even better one tomorrow on your day off!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete