Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, new beginnings...

This is the time of the year when everyone makes resolutions.  I usually don't make any because I am pretty much a Type-A personality.  If I make resolutions and then don't stick to them, I feel like a gigantic failure and that spirals into a host of other issues, including depression and (for me) its best friend...overeating.

This year, though, I have decided to make three, fairly reasonable, resolutions:

  1. Blog more.  I have not been a good blogger.  There are reasons for this but they are mostly just excuses.  I am not committing to blogging EVERY day.  Sorry, BFF.  I am going to commit to blogging at least three times a week.  Maybe more.  Hopefully not less.  I want to speak my mind a little more and am feeling like I am in a position where I can do so now.
  2. Be Healthier.  Notice I did not say lose weight, although that is certainly an end goal.  I just want to be healthier.  Make better choices in what I eat and how I exercise.  Healthier includes relationships, as well.  I made some changes at the end of last year and, while not easy, it has proved better for me mentally.  Oh.  This one also includes drinking more water.  blech.
  3. Try something new.  Last year I tried knitting.  I am hooked.  The sweater that I made for my niece was beautiful and fit her like it was made for her.  Which it was.  ;)  I can't even begin to tell you how proud I was of myself when I saw how well it fit her.  Not proud in an "I'm-all-that" kind of way.  Just proud that I accomplished something like that.  I don't know what the new thing will be.  I'd like to learn a new language, I'm taking a sock knitting class (however, because it is knitting, it doesn't qualify as something new), I'd like to travel, and I'd like to learn how to play an instrument.  Who knows?  Any suggestions?  No, BFF, no Tae Kwan Do.  :op
Anyone else out there making any resolutions?  I'd love to hear them!

Happy New Year from miss raven and I!

:)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! Still in shock that I am reading a blog!!! LOL!!! ;oP

    I can TOTALLY understand the Type -A- thing! DITTO here!

    1. I am overjoyed!
    2. Healthy is a GREAT thing! It's a learing experiance and hopefully a lifelong change! That's what we have decided to do too!
    3. New is GREAT!!!!! And taekwondo is AWSOME!!!! :o) Now that I am breaking boards it is even better! :o)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR BFF AND RAVEN!!!

    3.

    ReplyDelete