Monday, January 14, 2013

Three things...

Three things happened this past Saturday morning.  And they happened in the following order:

  1. I got on the scale for the first time in a year.
  2. I cursed myself loud and long.  Perhaps you heard me?
  3. I picked up my new iPod touch and immediately installed the MyFitnessPal app.
So far I have I been completely faithful in logging every, and I do mean EVERY morsel and drop that has passed my lips.

And so far I have been under my calorie limit all three days.  Not significantly, mind you.  I am being careful about that.

I also am drinking much water.  I loathe water.  I think I may have mentioned that a time or two.  Saturday I ended up with 32 ounces of straight water.  Sunday was 40 ounces, but 32 of those ounces came in the form of Crystal Light. (That counts, right?!?  Dear Lord, PLEASE let it count!)  Today I got in 48 ounces of water, with 32 ounces being Crystal Light.

That is a great amount of water for someone who does not like water.

It also is a great amount of time in the bathroom.

Which is difficult when you are a teacher.

Sigh.

According to MyFitnessPal, I should lose approximately 2 lbs a week.  I realize that is an estimate and that there will be weeks when I may lose less and weeks when I may lose more and weeks when I may not lose at all and (hopefully not many) weeks when I may gain some.

When the weather starts to get warmer I will most likely begin walking outside again.  I do like doing that, just not in the cold.

So...this, should I keep it up (and I will), will satisfy my resolution to be healthy and that is a good start I think.

:)

2 comments: