Friday, February 22, 2013

Told ya...

I'd be back.

;)

Not much to report...I'm so lame!  Let's see....I went to dinner with a friend last night.  We had a good time...she is one of those friends that I can totally be myself with.  She knows me and doesn't care about my imperfections.  I love that in her!

We went to an Italian restaurant and I think I did ok, food wise.  I had a salad, with the dressing on the side; penne caprese, which was AMAZING...I shouldn't have eaten it all but I did; and one slice of garlic bread, even though they brought me two.  I also had a cup of coffee and a LARGE glass of water (without ice).  I have to tell you, I was pretty proud of myself for drinking the water.  I drank the coffee because the night before I ended up with a really, really bad headache from lack of caffeine.  I didn't want it to happen again last night so I drank the small cup of coffee at dinner.  Um.  And then another one when I got home.

We had a half day at work today.  We were supposed to have professional development this afternoon, but our wonderful principal, sensing how badly we needed a break, held a brief meeting and then let us go.  WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!  That was so wonderful!  I was able to go to the bank and then to the post office.  I needed to mail a package to my niece and nephew (because I am an awesome aunt!), a package to my BFF (because I am an awesome BFF), and a package to my most recent swap partner.

I know, I know.  I kvetched about the last swap and, truth be told, I am VERY unhappy with the moderator of the swap and how impolite she was to not respond to my message to her.  She pretty much called me out in the swap, accusing me of lying about the package that I got (the one that was full of dollar-store items and reeked of smoke).  Anyway, someone recommend the group I am in now so I figured I would give it a try.  Ironically the woman I was assigned to had mailed my package earlier this week and it was waiting for me when I got home.  I was pretty much pleased with what I received.  The only downside with the package was that, once again, it came from a household with a smoker.  Fortunately the smell wasn't quite as awful as before, and I am hoping that spending some time with some fabric softener sheets will do the trick.

Let's see....oh yes, my sock class...the one I was freakishly excited about...was cancelled.  :(  I am so bummed out about it!  The shop had offered to let me take another sock class in March, but before I could respond to the e-mail, they contacted me again to tell me THAT class was cancelled as well.  The kknitting gods seem to be against allowing me to learn how to knit socks which is the whole reason I learned to knit in the first place!

Sigh.

Other than that, not much else to report.  miss raven has a new growth on one of her back legs, further pushing me towards pushing the vet towards having her tested for Cushing's disease.  All I hear are little cash registers ringing.  It's a good thing I love her so much.  :)

Verizon is currently rewarding me for being a "loyal customer" by granting me free HBO until the end of May.  I wish they would show their gratitude in a more monetary way...like cutting my bill down some.  I am taking advantage of it, though, and watching some pretty cheesy movies.  Back to the Future II, anyone?  McFly?  McFly?

Goodnight!

:)

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you the other day, dinner was ok for me, but the company definitely made up for it! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BFF you are NOT lame!

    You are an AMAZING person and BFF!!!!

    Bummer on the sock class. Can't wait for my pair!

    MISSYOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete