Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anywhere else in the world.....

I have spent some time this morning thinking about where I would chose to be if I could be anywhere else in the world but here.

I grew up in Texas and, although I would eventually like to go back there, I would not like to move back to where I grew up. If you've read my blog you've seen the pictures. Need I say more? I love my family, don't get me wrong, but really--I can't take the barrenne
ss. It is too bleak for me.

One of my greatest dreams is to travel. Notice that it is a dream--not a reality. Generally, I can't afford to travel. I'm not complaining--trust me. While I d
on't have everything I want, I more than have everything I need, so, no complaining here. I do want to go places though. I know that there is much to see here in our own wonderful country, but there are so many places in the world that I want to go.

I would love to see England--my maternal grandmother was British and that has ALWAYS fascinated me. Greece, Switzerland. Germany, Austria, Russia, Spain, Be
lgium...all of these places are on my list of places I would like to go.

Right now though, I would just like to be at
the beach. I want to be at the beach all day--to see the sun rise in the morning and then set at night. (The only better sunset than one at a beach is a sunset behind the mountains. There is a beauty in that that is beyond compare.) I want to feel the sun on my face and the sand between my toes. I want to walk on the beach near the water and watch the sandpipers run in and out. I want to lay on a blanket in the sun and listen to the waves come in and out. I want to walk on the boardwalk and smell the cotton candy and french fries and funnel cakes and candy apples and pizza and ice cream.

I am feeling restless. Not that I am unhappy with
my life, I would be a fool to complain about the life that I have, but I just feel like something is missing. A good friend of mine recently shared some wonderful news with me. Although I am so happy for her, I am also jealous. There are things that I want that, for whatever reason, I don't seem destined to have and it leaves me feeling restless and confused. And that makes me angry with myself. So, to cheer me up a little I give you this:
and this:

and this:There, that makes me feel a wee bit better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment