Sunday, June 14, 2009

Those hazy, lazy days of summer....

I love summer. No, really. I mean it. I LOVE summer. For me this is THE best time of the year. Winter is cold and requires entirely too much clothing. Summer is warm, the sun stays out longer, I am way more relaxed, and I can wear all of my fun summer clothes. I get to sleep later in the summer thus enabling me to stay up later. :) My work hours change in the summer which is nice since I now work through the summer. No more three month long vacations for me.

Every year I tell myself that I am going to be more adventerous in the summer. I am going to go into the city more and go to the beach more. And every summer I don't. This summer will be different (I hope). I want to go in to the city more and I do have plans to go to the beach already. Yea! Yea for summer!!!

July 4 was always bittersweet for my mom. She loved summer as much (or more) than I do. When the Fourth of July rolled around though, she always looked at it as the half-way point of summer (although in El Paso-where summer goes until October-it really wasn't the middle of summer). She would always say that it was all down hill from there and it depressed her that winter was coming. I try hard not to think like that because I want to enjoy the summer that I have left, not worry about the winter that is coming.

It seems that, the older I get, the faster the summer goes. Tomorrow starts the third week of summer vacation and with school starting earlier it seems that summer goes by faster than ever. I am, though, DETERMINED to enjoy every single minute of this summer--heat and all. Actually, I don't complain about the heat. I LOVE it. The hotter the better. You know, you can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the girl. ;)

Happy summer, wherever you are. Even if you are in a law firm in Ohio, but getting ready to go to Florida for a week. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment