Thursday, July 23, 2009

Here I am...

I haven't blogged in a while. Not because I didn't have anything to say...I ALWAYS have something I can talk about. I've been busy. Here a little, there a little, spending time with friends and family. Trips out of town, both near and far.

I'm officially on vacation. I took this week and next week off so that I could have some time away from work before the school year officially begins. Where did the summer go? I blinked and it disappeared. I didn't do half of the things I wanted to do, but I have had a good summer, nonetheless.

My "official" vacation has been nice so far and the rest of it is looking promising. I was able to spend time this afternoon with someone I haven't seen in a long time. I think we were both a little apprehensive about getting together because of some things that have happened in the past. The thing is--what happened, happened in the past. I learned long ago that I don't want to become a bitter old woman who can never move on from things that have happened along the way. It is way better to deal with someone who has hurt you and either forgive and keep going in the relationship or forgive and move on. The key, though, is forgiveness. And so I did, and so I have. And I am glad for it. This person was really special to me growing up and I have missed having them in my life the last several years. I am looking forward to reconnecting with them and moving forward.

I have also learned that people can have different opinions and still get along. Not that I didn't know that before, but I guess that I have just had more of a chance to put that into practice this summer. I have some strong views on different subjects and have met people this summer who, in some way or another, disagree with me. I don't expect that everyone will agree with me all the time but it is nice to know that, no matter what your opinions may be on whatever subject, you can still get along and have a good time.

Don't I sound like such a grown-up? :)

miss raven is doing well. Still as cute and well-loved (read: spoiled) as ever! She doesn't like the summer as much as I do. I think it is more the humidity than anything else. She has been very lethargic lately--except at treat time. Then she is like a maniac. She is "excited", though, because her only friend in the world is coming to visit tomorrow. My dad is coming to see me and is bringing his dog, Gracie. Gracie is the ONLY dog that miss raven gets along with and it is wonderful fun to see them together. Pictures to come soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment