Sunday, January 3, 2010

Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

Well, did you? Just wondering.

Oh? You want to know how my vacation was? Well, I'm happy to tell you. So glad you asked. :)

**BTW--this has the potential to be one VERY LONG post. Don't say I didn't warn you.**

The first week of my vacation I stayed in the area and visited some nice places. I went to Philly to see the light show at Wannamaker's (Macy's). It is pretty much a little kid thing, but I can remember my mom talking about seeing it when she was younger so I really wanted to see it. Of course I also went to Redding Terminal and ate a cheese steak.
I took some time to visit Longwood Gardens, also in Pennsylvania. It was SO pretty. They had everything all decorated for Christmas and it was GORGEOUS. During the day it is nice to look at but at night, when all the lights are on, it is simply BEE-YOU-TI-FUL. I highly recommend it.
We had a MAJOR snowstorm here the Friday we got out for vacation. miss raven and I do not like the snow. miss raven REALLY did not like the snow when she had to go out and *ahem* do her business. Truth be told, neither did I because it is so cold.
I flew home on Christmas day. Now, one would think (at least this one thought), that planes would be fairly empty on December 25. I figured everyone would already be where they wanted to be by then so I would have a nice, calm, empty airplane. BWHAHAHAHAHA. Not so much. The flight from here to Dallas wasn't too bad, except for the fact that they "lost" my seat. I had a seat. I had a window seat. Only, I didn't. I ended up on the AISLE!!!!! I should have known something was up when I got to Dallas because I came in at Gate C 29 and was SUPPOSED to leave from Gate C27. Whenever your gates are that close together in Dallas you should always know that something is going to happen. Something notsogood. I was only supposed to have an hour layover. Long enough to walk from one gate to another--airtram? I laugh at your airtram! moving sidewalks? I scoff at those! I am tough! I can carry a dog, a purse, and a bag through the airport with one arm tied behind my back. Ok--maybe not, but still...I can WALK!--go to the bathroom, AND get something to eat and possibly drink. (Now, before I go on, please remember that I got up at four in the morning to make my flight. Yes, FOUR, you read that correctly.) We land, early, and have to sit in front of the gate for almost half an hour. Am I worried? Of course not. I am going from Gate C29 to Gate C27. Nothing to be worried about. I may not get to go to the bathroom and I may not get a snack, but I am not worried.

We finally got off the plane and I noticed that there was no red-coated agent waiting to meet us with helpful information. In hindsight, I think the designated agent was too afraid of all the mad passengers to be there. I take a look at the monitors and do a double-take. My departure gate has changed. TO GATE A26!!!!! Quick look at the watch reveals I have about 41 minutes to make it. No problem. I'm not worried. I can still walk it, quickly, and make it by boarding time. Wait--what's that? Double-take again. The flight is now not leaving until 11:42 (supposed to leave at 10:50). Hmmmmmmm......ok. Well, darn it. There goes the surprise. You see, my brother didn't know I was coming home. Dad was going to pick me up at the airport, take me to his house to drop off miss raven, and then drive me over to my brother's house to surprise him and his family. Now I have to call Matthew and tell him that I am coming home, surprise, but am delayed in Dallas. He was surprised. I think.

Long story short. I end up in Dallas for an extra almost four hours. I shouldn't complain because there were people on my flight that had been in Dallas for more than 24 hours. One lady had a dog with her. I PRAY that never happens to miss raven and I!

I made it to El Paso and had a wonderful time with the family. I went to Chuck E. Cheese, Taco Cabana, the Sun Bowl, the movies (Sherlock Holmes--it was GREAT!), and other places.
I also crocheted. Here is a tease picture:
You'll get more on that in another post.

All in all it was a nice vacation. I am SO not ready to go back to work tomorrow. How many days until my next vacation???
OH!!! And to end the vacation on a SUPER HAPPY note.....the COWBOYS ARE THE NFC EAST CHAMPIONS! They opened up a can of whoop-bottom (hehe) on the eagles today. HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!! AND....the redskins lost! Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment