Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a BEE-YOU-TI-FUL day in the neighborhood!

Welcome back to my HAPPY, HAPPY blog!!! Yes, I am in a great mood and it has nothing to do (well maybe a little bit to do) with the fact that it is Friday!

Work was wonderful today. We had a 2 hour delay because of the snow, and, while I hate a delay (I would rather have the whole day off), it didn't matter today. Today was a BRAND NEW DAY ladies and gentlemen. A brand-spanking new day. And it was a glorious one! :) For the first time in a loooooonnnnnnggggg time, I do not dread Monday.

My BFF has decided that she would like the following posts in the following order:
1. kids
2. crochet
3. trip

Because I try to be as accomodating as possible, and because I sometimes take requests for my blog ideas, and because she makes wonderful apple pies (hint, hint)....she gets her wish. Tonight, for your reading pleasure, I will be blogging about my niece and nephew. :)

My nephew is almostfive. His birthday is Sunday and it is hard to believe that he is FIVE. He looks exactly like my brother. I kid you not. They could be twins. I look at pictures of the boy and, besides thinking that I feel so sorry for all the girls' hearts that he will break in about 10 years, I can't help thinking that I am looking back in time at my brother at that age.

Besides being the best looking little boy in the world. Seriously...look at that face and tell me he isn't:
Mister N is also quite possible the most intelligent child that has ever lived. No really. I'm not at all biased. He really is a little genius (he gets that from his mother. ;) ) The thing is, he knows that he is both cute and smart. A deadly combination.

My niece is two. She is adorable and hilarious to be around. Case in point:

Now really, wasn't that just too funny??

You know what else is funny? Playing hide and seek with an almostfive year old and a two year old. He gets it. She doesn't. She's two. It was so FUN to play with them. N kept wanting me to hide so he could find me and miss D wasn't quite clear on the whole "hiding" concept. It was so funny. She would run into another room and then run right back giggling the whole time. How could you not love that??
I miss them both so much and can't wait to see them again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment