my brother suggested Ten Things that are super awesome about him, or some such nonsense (lol). Instead, I give to you:
TEN THINGS I DO WHEN I AM UPSET/STRESSED
Lately, I have been doing way more of that than I should. Case in point: I did really well during the day today. I ate a healthy, nutritious breakfast; a healthy, nutritious lunch; and a healthy, nutritious dinner. And then, all heck broke loose. I was stressing about work and, before I knew it, had eaten air-popped popcorn (healthy), a couple of handfuls of hummus chips (completely unnecessary), quite a few peppermint meringues (totally unnecessary), a strawberry frozen fruit bar (planned for), and, the "icing on the cake" so to speak....about a bazillion chocolate covered almonds. I can't keep telling myself that it's ok, I can start over tomorrow. If I continue to do that every day I am going to have to buy a whole new (larger) wardrobe and that is NOT acceptable to me. I need to get my willpower back.
2. Pick at the skin on my thumbs.
Currently they are a bloody raw mess. Thank you, powersthatbe.
3. Pick at the skin on my heels making it difficult to walk without a great deal of pain.
Again, thank you powersthatbe.
Those are the top four. And the ones I do the most. Please, no scolding, BFF. My thumbs and heels hurt enough. The rest of the ten I should do but often react by doing the top four first. I know, I know, something I need to work on.
5. Pet miss raven. Trust me, it is much appreciated.
6. Call my BFF. I know, this one really should be higher on the list.
7. Put on the iPod and dance around the house to "Love Shack". Don't laugh. The B-52's are way cool.
8. Go for a walk. Yeah, I know. That would really help out with the first one, right? Sigh.
(I think I got a mosquito bite in a very indelicate place. Not that you wanted to know that. Sorry.)
9. Blog. Again, if I did this one more, and the first one less, I wouldn't have a clothes issue.
10. All of the above. I know, that's a cop-out but I needed another one so this is what you get.
Wordless Wednesday tomorrow. Have a good night.
Coffee, here I come!!!!! :)