Monday, September 6, 2010

Ooooooohhhhhhh Heaven is a place on earth......

(My apologies for my absence.  I had plans to blog last week.  I wanted to blog last week.  I did not, however, blog last week.  Sorry about that.)

I will do my best to bring you up to speed.  LOLOL!!!!  Doesn't that make me sound so interesting??  Contrary to what my BFF posted in my comments from the last post, I am rather, um, boring.

So, let's not take the time to go through the whole of last week.  After all, it is always the weekend that is WAY more interesting anyway.  :)

My plans changed slightly this weekend and I remained home.  Not a problem.  I decided to make the best of it and try to find something interesting to do.  I pretty much just stayed around the house on Saturday.  I had some things I needed to get done, you know, laundry, cleaning, chillaxing on the couch.  On Sunday I decided to ,um, try something new....again.  Go me!  I went over into Virginia for brunch.  I found the most A-mazing little Tex-Mex place.  I had scrambled eggs, bacon, and cornmeal pancakes.  OMG!  They were wonderful.  The pancakes came with pecan butter and they were all warm and the butter melted all over the place.  It was fantastic!  Definetly worth going again.  And again.  And maybe, well...you get the picture. ;)

After brunch, and, in order to walk off some of the calories...I walked around Old Town for a little while.  I am so glad I did because I found HEAVEN.  Ok, it was a yarn store.  Yes, Freddie, I am a yarn ho.  I was in heaven!  And the best part is, while there is alot of knitting in there, they also cater to crocheters like me!  Whoo-hoo!  I am, though, seriously considering taking a knitting class there.  You know how much I want to be able to knit a pair of socks.  I am so excited about this place and, since it is easy to get to, I can see myself visiting there frequently.  They even have one night a week where you can go and hang out in their lounge and knit and crochet and meet people.  I am thinking about doing that.  Maybe.  I have to get over my fear of...well, people in general.  We'll see.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Ok...let me repeat myself...YOUARENOTBOREINGMYDEARESTBFF!!!!!!! :)
    Way to step outside of you box! TOO cool on the yarn store and the breakfast place!!!! Must go there on my next visit! MISSYOUVERYMUCH!!!!!!!!!!

    ps...please don't rob me of my daily blog intertainment for sooooo long again.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so I guess people who crochet aren't so boring after all. I mean, if they were, would there be not one but 2 yarn stores in the Washington Metropolitan area, not even counting JoAnn's or A.C. Moore? Who knew?? Glad you had such a great breakfast, sounds really yummie :)

    ReplyDelete