Friday, January 28, 2011

A year later...

Earlier today, as I was winding down my work day, I decided to look through some of my old archived e-mail to see if I could delete any of it.  (I tend to keep e-mails for a long time, you know, just in case I might need them at some point.  I am kind of an e-mail hoarder.  Please, don't feel the need to alert A&E.  I don't want my own reality show.)  As I was perusing the e-mail, I notice a folder labeled "Former Landlord" (Technically, the folder was labeled with the person's actual name, but I'm not about to put THAT out there in the blog-o-sphere.)  I started to read through that folder and boy, did it bring back memories.

A year ago tomorrow, I received an e-mail telling me that I had to move out of the house I was living in immediately.  FL was having some personal financial issues and, because of that, I and my former roommate were affected.  What followed were some very worrisome, tense months of not quite knowing what was going to happen and where I was going to live.  I like order and patterns.  I do not like upheaval and chaos.  I also don't like being lied to and deceived but that's another story.

Fast forward to now.  I can't believe how well everything turned out.  I mean, I can believe it because I am living it but, at the time, it was scary.  Annnnddddd....it also showed me (once again) how my God takes care of me even when I don't know what is coming.  You'd think by now I would have learned that lesson, right?

Sigh.

Looking around me now it's hard to believe I have been in MY house for almost a year now.  This time last year I was FREAKING out and now I am not.  Despite the heart-attack inducing electric bills, the birds residing in my oven vent, the %&@()$ feral cats that I can't seem to get rid of short of doing something inhumane (not that I was thinking about doing that or anything), or the seemingly endless things that always seem to need to be done around here, I am so much happier now than I was a year ago.

I love my house.  I loved decorating at Christmas.  I love seeing my winter decorations still up.  I  love planning the garden that I want to plant this spring.  I love watching miss raven run around the yard chasing away the scary helicopters that fly overhead.  I love the thought of sitting outside in my chair this summer while I grill my supper.  I love that God takes care of me, despite my lack of faith sometimes.  I love that He doesn't give up on me when I fall short again and again.

I love that so much can happen in a year.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been a year already since you've been in your new place! Time sure does fly and yes a whole lot can happen in that amount of time. Thanks for reminding me that God does indeed take care of us even when we think he isn't. Lately I have come to feel like he has forgotten about me :*( but I am grateful to Him for good friends that lift me up when I feel this way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the blog my dear BFF***OMG don't have a heart attact that I am finally commenting LOL!*** God is good and does take care of us despite our freaking out, trying to take control, and just plain being stupid! I am learing that lession all the time. Like just landing this new job of mine! AWSOME!!!!!! Sad to say that it has been almost a year since I have been your way...when things settle down on my end (hopefully SOON) I will be able to come over and see your 'new' home and my dear BFF! MISS YOU TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete