Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF!!!...

Do you know the Greek myth about the Hydra?  You know, when a Hydra's head was cut off, two more grew back.  You never quite knew where the danger was coming from when a bazillion headed monster was coming after you.

Work has kind of become like that lately.  Last year at this time I really thought things were getting better.  There had been a change made that everyone was thrilled about and we were all hopeful about the future.  Now, not so much.

I am so glad that it is Friday.  I can't remember the last time I needed a Friday this badly.  I don't think that I could have lasted another day.  I wish so much that this was a three day weekend and I am praying earnestly for a snowstorm next week.

This weekend is bittersweet for me.  Sunday is the Super Bowl and, while I am thrilled about a football game, I am sad that the season is over.  NASCAR doesn't start for a couple of weeks so I will be in a Sunday sports limbo for a while.  I don't really care about basketball and couldn't care less about baseball.  Don't even get me started on how much I loathe hockey.  Blech.

miss raven is doing well.  She is currently snuggled up with me under our new electricblanketforthelivingroom.  Also know as HERMAJESTY'SBLANKIE.  That she may or may not let me share.  I am blessed right now because she has deemed me worthy to partake in the blanket's warmth.  I'm sure I will owe her big time.  I love her.

My nephew
is growing up much too quickly.  He has now lost TWO teeth and apparently is in good with the Tooth Fairy.  Did you know that teeth are going for $3.00 now?!?  I only got $.25.  Boy, have times changed.  What does the Tooth Fairy do with all those teeth, anyway?  It's seems kind of creepy, if you ask me. 

I will try to remember to take and post some pictures tomorrow of my latest FO.  I am really happy with them and hope the recipient is as well.  I am currently working on an order for two scarves.  I would really like this little "business" to take off.  We'll see.

Happy Friday (night) and happy weekend!

Go PACKERS!  (although it galls me to say that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment