Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some things that keep me busy...

Besides her:

Truth be told, she is pretty low maintenance.  Aaannnnndddd....I love her.

Aside from playing a select few games on Facebook, I also love to crochet.  I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself.  I'm no expert, but people tend to be pleased with the products I produce.  Lately I have been working on finishing a gift for an up-coming baby shower.  I won't, at this time, get into the fact that baby showers completely depress me.  So do bridal showers.  Ahem.

Anyway.

Here are the finished products:

Dress

Hat

Booties

Blanket

Currently I am working on a couple of scarves for a friend.  I hope to have them finished within the week.  They aren't my favorite colors, but they aren't for me, so it doesn't matter.

I have some absolutely GORGEOUS yarn that I am hanging on to right now.  I know what I want to make with it but I have made myself wait to use it until I lose at least 15 pounds.  That could take for-freaking-ever seeing as how in the last month I have lost a grand total of ZERO pounds.  I am beyond frustrated with that.  I haven't gained anything and that is lovely but I haven't lost anything and that makes me cranky and makes me feel like everything I do at the gym is pointless.

Speaking of food...uh, weren't we?  Tonight is the Super Bowl and we are having a party.  By "we" I mean her:

and me.  What can I say?  We are just party animals.  Well, one of us is, anyway.  I'll let you figure out for your own self which one that would be.  We (and be "we" I mean ME) are having a Lean Cuisine pizza, mockamole (Don't gross out...it's guacamole you make with peas instead of avacado.  I've never tried it before but am keeping my fingers crossed.), baked tortilla chips, and low-fat raspberry truffle ice cream.  I really, really, REALLY, wanted to get one of those yummy, cheesy DiGornio-type concotions but then, thank my diet-fairy-angel, I looked at the calories on the back of the box. O-M-G!!!!  It was death-by-calorie, so I put the box back into the freezer and wheeled my shopping cart down to the Lean Cuisine section.  My arteries thanked me.

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead! :)

1 comment: